cfasf1

Based of level I and II - I think we have pretty similar studying strategies, strengths/weaknesses, attitudes and ultimately scores (if I remember correctly). I am looking for some motivation as I can’t seem get started. Tell me you are through the books once already and scare the crap out of me. Sincerely, mwvt9

hey mwvt, are you kidding me? i almost took the whole calendar year to pass level 2. you took like 2-3 months to pass with what i’m sure was a higher score than mine. but at least i’m here. unfortunately, i have NOT been able to get past private wealth management. (read through ethics and gips already, not fun) this year has just been rough with the mkt being what it is and my 1.5 year old daughter making me feel like i’m missing out if i’m away from home for too long. it’s funny, i was looking for motivation from you! but i plan to spend at least 3 hours today and tomorrow in the library or coffee shop… so get fired up. it’s almost thanksgiving and that means “go” time… i’m going to try to be on this forum more often to get back into the groove of things. it doesn’t feel like cfa studies without being on this forum. let’s blow this thing out this year. i’m glad to see you and some of the old level 2 crew coming back. that’s motivation in itself. now if we can get the mkt to cooperate…

hey guys, nice to read you again!!! … yeah, i can’t seem to get started either. although i have few time pressures so not sure i need to start this early. but i’d prefer to do other things in april/may than study every non-work/sleep moment. so good to get started. nice thing i hear about level 3 is it’s much more focussed on legitimately understanding the material as opposed to bulk studying. not sure how to describe it, but the material takes alot more brain power to master as opposed to jamming the old brain. maybe i’ll go to SBUX tonight with one of the books… take my mind off the horrible markts.

I just need to “flip the switch” and get my a$$ into study mode. I’m thinking that next weekend would be a good time to do that… I think we should all go ahead and proclaim that the “L3 Kickoff Weekend” begins 11/28. One solid weekend of hardcore studying might be what we all need to get this thing moving.

mwvt9 and cfasf1 im with you guys, we ve passed 1,2 together and this year i plan to do the same. ill be starting it up in january and will go through sections in the order they come in. im not sure whether to get schweser books or not this year and i wanted to ask whether you guys have an idea with regards to the which sections are the hardest…??

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just need to “flip the switch” and get my a$$ > into study mode. I’m thinking that next weekend > would be a good time to do that… > > I think we should all go ahead and proclaim that > the “L3 Kickoff Weekend” begins 11/28. One solid > weekend of hardcore studying might be what we all > need to get this thing moving. Sounds good to me McLeod81. I think I have a better chance of getting started if I know some others are with me. I look forward to working with you again.

viktorv Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt9 and cfasf1 im with you guys, we ve passed > 1,2 together and this year i plan to do the same. > ill be starting it up in january and will go > through sections in the order they come in. im not > sure whether to get schweser books or not this > year and i wanted to ask whether you guys have an > idea with regards to the which sections are the > hardest…?? I think this level may be different from others in that your background will help determine which sections are going to be the most difficult (unlike L2 where you just knew sections would suck…like time series). I have been told from some learned people that L3 is a practitioners exam. Of course this is my first (and hopefully last) crack at this, so I could be wrong. Maybe some charterholders will chime in.

good to see everyone… regarding the most difficult section: i really have no idea so i’m just following the schweser schedule. probably not the best method but just what i’m used to doing i guess. it’s a bit scary because i really have very little of a clue as to what i’ll be facing in level 3. it’s not like: value a swap-- a, b or c. i guess i’ll have a better idea as i do more questions. it would help if all my books didn’t say “portfolio managment”. one thing though. i’m finding having to write short answers for the concept checkers to be a bit more time consuming than the multiple choice format. it’s harder to get myself to sit down and write coherent answers to all these questions after a reading. i just end up scribbling notes and i’m guessing that isn’ t going to fly on the test. it’s something i’ll have to get used to. mcleod i’m in for the big kickoff on the 28th. i’m kind of halfa$$ing it right now but i think i’m almost ready to REALLY study.

I know the most difficult section - IPS. It looks simple and then everyone fails.

Count me in… have read two study sessions in late September and early October and since then… N-O-T-H-I-N-G Not that I’m stressing out timewise but somehow there’s 0.0 motivation right now to get started - not even lightly.

I got through SS 1-3 in September too, but then life and work got in the way. Just picked it back up, and now hope to get through book by mid-December and book 4 by end-o-January. But it’s hard to find motivation yet.