CFP

It’s all about getting the lawyer who works in that same area all the time and is well liked. Get someone that used to work for the county as the DA so he knows the court system of that area and the players. Ultimately his background will confirm yours. I imagine it’s something like this:

HPRACING007: “Judge friend, this guy may have been slightly over, but I’ve met with him and he is a really good person. His record is clean, he works a professional job, he got two kids, etc. If we take away his license and put this on his record you’re going to hurt his two daughters too, not just him. For blowing a .09/.1/1? Everyone makes mistakes.”

JUDGE FRIEND: “I really am suppose to be a man of justice, but the law isn’t as black and white sometimes. I remember some times that I’m mortal. He didn’t hurt anyone and was very polite to the officer.”

HPRACING007: “Let’s forget about this mess. I vouch for his behavior and he won’t do it again. Get your mind off this and start focusing on our 18 next week”

A good lawyer knows the law well.

A great lawyer knows the judge well.

There is a disclaimer at the bottom of the page concerning which races were permitted to register.

http://www.investmentnews.com/article/20140203/FREE/140209992

Part of four-year, $40 million campaign.

The CFP Board will spend $10 million this year on the campaign. It has been funded by a $145 annual increase in the CFP renewal fee. Mr. Keller said that the board has no plans to raise the fees “at this time.”

The CFP Board asserts that its public awareness campaign has succeeded so far. It has seen increases in the number of people surveyed who mention the CFP mark first when asked to name financial designations as well as an increase in those who can name CFP without being prompted. Both categories, known as “top of mind” and “unaided awareness,” polled below 25% before the CFP Board began advertising in 2011.

Look, most of my competitors are CFPs and it doesn’t make me feel so good to see commercials like this. I was at a party chatting with a fellow CPA about how I was handling investments and he asked, " do you have a CFP license?" angry!

^My point exactly. If you’re anywhere close to the retail level, CFP has much more notoriety than the CFA.

But isn’t there a problem with that commercial? Rather than implictly trust some guy in a suit who gives them reasonable sounding information, we should implicitly trust some guy in a suit with a CFP?

Yeah, but at least if a person has passed the CFP, you can assume they have at least a rudimentary knowledge of personal finance principles.

A guy who has his Series 7 might just be some retard with a hacksaw major from a hacksaw school who just got out of the Marines, and doesn’t know his ass from a hole in the ground. This idiot (who shall remain nameless) even told a prospective client that dividends weren’t taxed, as long as they were reinvested.

If I were that stupid, I’d saw the sack to make sure I didn’t clog the Texas public schools with little Greenmen.

CFA has done a horrible job marketing their designation to the street. On the other hand, they convinced the BOM that it’s the golden ticket to richdom.

Most of my peers are PFS credential holders (from the AICPA) and I’m pretty certain they don’t think too highly of that marketing hype either. It looks a little too much like H&R Bloch and Intuit marketing to storefront retail investors.

Coming from CPA background myself, I kind of prefer the quieter style of the CFA credential.