CFQ (Certificate in Quant Finance)

Anyone here of this or going though the program? http://www.cqf.com/content/course-materials Messed up the title by the way its CQF

Never hered of this before.

Heard of it

Interesting; I wonder why this has never come up on here before.

It looks pretty intense if you look at the module itinerary

is this like a cpa or something?

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Never hered of this before. yuo half too spel write!!!

search function.

I have heard there is this dude “keys” on this forum who said something about it. I don’t remember what it was, but it had word “suckers”, “$20,000”, and “online program”. Maybe that’s not what he said, but that’s what he meant.

Ok my serious response: well i sent this link to a local professor whom i know personally to ask about his opinion. he said, what can this do for you that a 1 year fin math program at a top tier univerity wont. upon further investigation CQF is way cheaper than an MFE or Fin Math program - it costs $16K if you have a charter. morever, its a 6-month program and is online so you dont have to quit your job. i do see merit in CQF.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ok my serious response: > > well i sent this link to a local professor whom i > know personally to ask about his opinion. he said, > what can this do for you that a 1 year fin math > program at a top tier univerity wont. > > upon further investigation CQF is way cheaper than > an MFE or Fin Math program - it costs $16K if you > have a charter. morever, its a 6-month program and > is online so you dont have to quit your job. > > i do see merit in CQF. But look at the number of missed networking opportunities by studying for this thing. It’s a waste of time, instead you should hang out around the restrooms at the building where you want to work and network with the employees … eventually you’ll get hired.