Chads & Chadettes Only

Amazing times haha

I’m ready for the take-off

1 Like

Shorts be hating

Freaking regret aversion, if I only bought calls on Friday…

1 Like

Madness - continuing into after hours too

As Borat would say, “Wah wah wee wah!”

Well, I think the obvious answer is to short the damn thing - shocker that right? - but I think you absolutely have to do it systemically and with tons of ■■■■■■■ discipline. By that, I mean, you start shorting the stock with only 50bps worth of your portfolio every day, up until like idk, 5% max?

You could even buy a $100 weekly put with the money. Again, the obvious answer is to short it. But, not in a yolo type of way.

1 Like

Man it’s almost worth buying the call I wonder. These kids are fierce! They don’t take no for an answer on this haha. Now GME is being picked up as a large cap by ETFs? Write a call? Buy a call? Short it? Swing buy it? It. All. Makes. Sense. :rofl::rofl:

The game has been set up for decades so that kids like me can’t become independently wealthy from actively buying and selling stocks. If that ain’t a signal that it’s time for a correction, then I’m not sure what is!

1 Like

Imagine being a hedge fund manager getting dummied by some robin hooders and wsb? Even I’m starting to question my existence and my average returns. I can’t even imagine the feeling of getting put out of business because of some yolos.

1 Like

It’s really a fascinating thing. Interesting how they will try to shut down the yolos while at the same time allowing activist investors and short sellers to continue. Seems like they are different sides of the same coin or at least close to that. Just creating market results by sheer public action/information/awareness.

Will be interesting to see what all these companies’ managements do (if anything) with their new found lottery wealth. They are basically SPACs now.

I wonder if regulators will take action. This whole phenomenon reeks, even if it is spontaneous action emerging from a group and not some single actor coming in to drum up excitement in these names.

1 Like

so this is imo.
spacs is just an easier way to ipo. its essentially ipoing a holding company, then buying up a mostly private but can be a public company. i think right now its more expensive to do so, cuz there is usually a founder’s fee in the spacs. i think the fee is like 20% of shares outstanding or something ridiculous. i guess one can argue given how some ipos have performed that this is still much cheaper than buying in the secondary market a company that ipos directly to ibanker clients.
as for regulating wall street bets. i dont think they should. this is literally people posting their ideas in a forum and others following it. its not their fault that the short sellers shorted the entire market cap and are now getting screwed. this is basically supply and demand. sure the gme should be dead, but let them run out of money in a natural way. essentially, these short sellers need to stop bitching.

1 Like

If they regulate wall street bets they better save the same energy for activist funds and short sellers, right? It’s pretty much the same idea without the fancy models which often are circular reasoning anyway, and without the paid research report access etc. If the previously zombie companies start acquiring other companies it’s going to be M&A wildness all over again like long ago decades. Wild if it happens.

Haha this is awesome.
Doomsday is approaching!

1 Like

I wonder if Gamestop executives have performance bonuses tied to stock market valuation :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t see why not. It’s common to award executives compensation tied to stock performance via stocks, options, or bonuses.

1 Like