Chapel Hill Bound - Headhunter help?

every time I see this thread, I think it says “Chapel Hill - Bounty Hunter help.” Should I get my eyes checked or does anyone else see this too?

Actually, you should just stop doing that thing that gets your eyes all messed up.

Numi, If I were to look for a headhunter in the Raleigh/Durham area, where would I start my search? You seem to know a lot about this area from previous posts I’ve read - I’ve never worked with a headhunter so don’t even know where to start… I am searching for jobs the traditional way also, but just want to make sure I’m looking at all options available… thanks

i actually don’t know any headhunters specifically targeting that area…they’re more by industry than location, but i think if you were specific about what you wanted, you might have some luck. there are hundreds of people calling these recruiting firms asking for jobs in NY, but if you call specifically looking for one in NC, you might have some better matches…

I was in Chapel Hill until last year and I left for the same reason that you are going there- my wife’s residency. I was in consulting so I don’t have a lot of insight on how to get a buy-side job there. I would not give much thought to Charlotte though. You could live in Greensboro but that would be a long commute for both of you. Even if you can deal with the commute your gf is not going to want to commute an hour each way with the hours she’ll be working. Smith Breeden is a great firm if you are willing to move to FI.