Charlie Sheen fired

"Warner Bros. has fired Charlie Sheen from the hit CBS show “Two and a Half Men.” The move comes after several weeks of very public battling between the actor and CBS, Warner Bros. and “Two and a Half Men” co-creator Chuck Lorre. In a statement, the studio said, “After careful consideration, Warner Bros. Television has terminated Charlie Sheen’s services on ‘Two and a Half Men’ effective immediately.” http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/03/charlie-sheen-fired-from-two-and-a-half-men.html?cid=6a00d8341c630a53ef014e86902e51970d

The guy is probably in the manic stage of his Bipolarness. He talks like he’s on meth. Who can blame the execs for dumping him?

As long as he is the best at his job does it matter what he does in his private life, especially as an entertainer. He is the star of the most highly rated comedy on television. I have no doubt ratings would have increased after what happened this week. If Brady was throwing 4 TD passes every Sunday and the team was leading the division, would it matter what he did in his private life?

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As long as he is the best at his job does it > matter what he does in his private life, > especially as an entertainer. He is the star of > the most highly rated comedy on television. I > have no doubt ratings would have increased after > what happened this week. > > If Brady was throwing 4 TD passes every Sunday and > the team was leading the division, would it matter > what he did in his private life? No and then yes.

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As long as he is the best at his job does it > matter what he does in his private life, > especially as an entertainer. He is the star of > the most highly rated comedy on television. I > have no doubt ratings would have increased after > what happened this week. > > If Brady was throwing 4 TD passes every Sunday and > the team was leading the division, would it matter > what he did in his private life? Charlie Sheen is a public figure, he doesn’t have a private life so what he does and any disrepute he brings upon himself is reasonably expected to have a consequences to his career. I know people who are recovering addicts, with clean time, who have had their career impacted when people find out about their addiction.

We are all ambassadors for the people we work for. Different if he was the boss of his own firm. But he isn’t. We would get fired for a lot less. He has plenty of dough, he can make his own series. I mean the guy is just another frikkin actor with an ego. At least he didn’t make his way in life through family connections though. That would really rattle my cage.

not winning!

really?!?! Charlie Sheen Could Teach Wall Street a Lesson http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-08/charlie-sheen-could-teach-wall-street-a-lesson-commentary-by-matthew-lynn.html edit: actually, after thinking about it for a couple of seconds - he could probably be the top trader here in about 5 seconds. adonis dna and all.

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As long as he is the best at his job does it > matter what he does in his private life, > especially as an entertainer. He is the star of > the most highly rated comedy on television. I > have no doubt ratings would have increased after > what happened this week. I still can’t understand why 2 1/2 men was/is such a highly rated show. I can’t say I watch a single show on CBS though… m

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > really!!! > > Charlie Sheen Could Teach Wall Street a Lesson > > http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-08/charlie-s > heen-could-teach-wall-street-a-lesson-commentary-b > y-matthew-lynn.html > > > > > > > edit: actually, after thinking about it for a > couple of seconds - he could probably be the top > trader here in about 5 seconds. adonis dna and > all. I agree with a point in the article. If the best trader at a hedge fund had the same lifestyle as Charlie Sheen, would the hedge fund cut him? Let’s use a public figure as example. If Shia Labeouf quit acting and became a trader for GS and cleaned up (making the most $$$ at the company), would they release him for what he did in his private life?

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mar350 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > really!!! > > > > Charlie Sheen Could Teach Wall Street a Lesson > > > > > http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-08/charlie-s > > > > heen-could-teach-wall-street-a-lesson-commentary-b > > > y-matthew-lynn.html > > > > > > > > > > > > > > edit: actually, after thinking about it for a > > couple of seconds - he could probably be the > top > > trader here in about 5 seconds. adonis dna and > > all. > > I agree with a point in the article. > > If the best trader at a hedge fund had the same > lifestyle as Charlie Sheen, would the hedge fund > cut him? > > Let’s use a public figure as example. If Shia > Labeouf quit acting and became a trader for GS and > cleaned up (making the most $$$ at the company), > would they release him for what he did in his > private life? they would release him if the public outcry tarnished the company’s image to an extent that they felt was greater than the value that he provided for the company.

Has there been any public outcry in Sheen’s case?

all advertising is good advertising

Not true. I remember a vacuum cleaner company offered free flights or something that was worth more than the cost of the equipment. They went bust honoring the contract. Also, google Gerald Ratner. All advertising is not good advertising.

LMGTFY http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Ratner Gerald Ratner based his philosophy of business on his experiences as a boy in Petticoat Lane Market. He observed that “the people who shouted the loudest and appeared to give the best offers sold the most.”[1] Ratner joined the family business in 1966, and on this basis he built up an extremely successful chain of jewellers during the 1980s, of which he was chief executive. The shops shocked the formerly staid jewellery industry by displaying fluorescent orange posters advertising cut price bargains, and by offering low price ranges. [edit] The speechAlthough widely regarded as “tacky”, the shops and their wares were nevertheless extremely popular with the public, until Ratner made a speech at the Institute of Directors on April 23, 1991. During the speech, he commented: “ We also do cut-glass sherry decanters complete with six glasses on a silver-plated tray that your butler can serve you drinks on, all for £4.95. People say, “How can you sell this for such a low price?”, I say, “because it’s totally crap”.[2] ” He compounded this by going on to remark that some of the earrings were “cheaper than an M&S prawn sandwich but probably wouldn’t last as long”. After the speech, the value of the Ratners’ group plummeted by around £500 million, which very nearly resulted in the firm’s collapse.[3] Ratner resigned in November 1992 and the group changed its name to Signet Group in September 1993. Today, Ratner’s speech is still famous in the corporate world as an example of the value of branding and image over quality. Such gaffes are now sometimes called “Doing a Ratner”[4], and Ratner himself has acquired the soubriquet “The Sultan of Bling”.[5] Ratner has said in his defence that it was a private function which he did not expect to be reported, and that his remarks were not meant to be taken seriously.

Muddahudda Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “ We also do cut-glass sherry decanters complete > with six glasses on a silver-plated tray that your > butler can serve you drinks on, all for £4.95. > People say, “How can you sell this for such a low > price?”, I say, “because it’s totally crap”.[2] ” yeah, that’s not good advertising. truth in business is toxic, especially when you have an image, or brand, to uphold.