Charter awarding ceremony in LA

Has anyone received their invitation yet? If so, please comment on time and location please.

Have not received anything yet. Nothing posted on CFA Society of LA under their upcoming events, I don’t anticipate anything till November/December.

I’ll be there. Cheers

Received this from CFALA this morning: CFALA Charter Award/Recognition Ceremony September 14, 2007 Dear Charter Pending Candidate The CFA Society of Los Angeles plans to host a Charter Award/Recognition Ceremony sometime between October 15th and December 14th 2007. We are in the process of confirming a location and speaker. If you have met the Regular membership requirement and are awarded the CFA® charter, we would be honored to present it at our ceremony. To confirm your consent, please complete the following information. ___ Yes, if awarded the CFA charter, I would like to have it presented at the Society Ceremony. Name: __________________________ CFA Institute ID #: ________________ Please provide your response by return email. If we do not hear from you, your charter will be sent to your preferred address when it is awarded. Complete details for our ceremony will be provided to you soon. We look forward to seeing you at this society event. Thank you, CFA Society of Los Angeles

ryguy904 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- sometime > between October 15th and December 14th 2007. That’s the biggest range I’ve ever seen for something to commit to.

LukeBBC251 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > That’s the biggest range I’ve ever seen for > something to commit to. LOL. It’s in line with what the CFAI would do. “We’ll release results sometime before we publish the names in the WSJ, which is sometime after you receive the letter, which needs to first be approved by the board.”

Looks like it’s Nov. 1st or 2nd. Anyone going? Can you invite people to the ceremony?

Last year it was on 12/13/06 Bring a camera and your guests

the one in London is going to be on the 6th Nov…

Date: 11/2/07 Time: 12:00-2:00 Cost: CFALA Members are hosted, non-members and guests $40.00. Location: Omni Hotel Address: 251 S. Olive St., Downtown Los Angeles

$40 for guests? what does that cover exactly? edit: nevermind i see it includes lunch

oskigo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > $40 for guests? what does that cover exactly? > edit: nevermind i see it includes lunch First guest is free. $40 for your second, third, etc. guest

$40 bucks on top of $350 annual feel… I guess that is just the beginning.