Charter Pending

I remember seeing the term “CFA Charter pending” somewhere… Can you use this term if you have past all 3 exams?

i do not believe so. i would say no. about 80% on that

if you pass level 3 but have not received your charter yet, is the most appropriate way to describe you a level 3 candidate? i think i saw that in the cfai text.

can’t find it in this years text, but remember seeing it last year… what happened?

I think I remember seeing “charter pending approval of work experience.” But I think if you pass all three tests, have your work experience approved, and are a member of the CFA Institute and local society, you are a charterholder, whether or not your charter is yet to be mailed.

its on the chart for standard vii (b), top of page

“CFA Charter pending” would be a screaming violation of VIIB

can’t find it… page 146/147?

Can’t say anything about “pending”. If you actually pass Level III, you can state that you “Passed CFA Level III exam”, which is a statement of fact.

I would think ‘Charter pending CFAI approval of work experience’ would be a statement of fact, because that is the only thing holding up the process. Don’t hold me to that though.

CFA Charter Pending shows up on the CFAI site when you log in assuming you passed all three levels. You cannot state it on your resume however, but you can say you passed level three. I’ve been in this situation since 2009 when I passed level three…but, I now have 48 months of “investment experience”

you are only a candidate if you are currently registered for an exam. you can never claim to be a candidate unless that is the case.

mb389 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you are only a candidate if you are currently > registered for an exam. you can never claim to be > a candidate unless that is the case. or you are awaiting results… vol1 pg 147 you can state u passed all three levels and are awaiting charter upon completion of req work exp by the way who realized that you have cfa charterholders ( who passed all exams and work exp) and cfa institute members (regular and affiliate ) …so one can be a cfa member without being a charterholder