Charterholder

I finally got my work experience approved and now a holder of the CFA designation. Good luck to all of the L3 candidates! Only a few more months! mpnoonan, CFA

Congratulations, mpnoonan!

what took so long to get it approved? Were you short on work exp months?

Thanks mwvt9! It was 4 years in January for qualified work exp. It just took the local society a long time to approve. Over 30 days!

Congratulations! I am still waiting…

Congrats mpnoonan. I finally got mine framed, after staring at the tube for the past 3 months.

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Congrats mpnoonan. > > I finally got mine framed, after staring at the > tube for the past 3 months. I have to get on the ball. Both are mine remain confined to the tubes.

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Congrats mpnoonan. > > I finally got mine framed, after staring at the > tube for the past 3 months. Approx how much did that cost?

mpnoonan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > McLeod81 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Congrats mpnoonan. > > > > I finally got mine framed, after staring at the > > tube for the past 3 months. > > Approx how much did that cost? It cost almost $300 at Michaels. Didn’t want to cut any corners for the thing considering how much damn time I put into the thing. It kind of seems like the charter itself should be made out of gold or something a little flashier… mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have to get on the ball. Both are mine remain > confined to the tubes. I got 2 as well. Charter #2 will probably remain in the tube indefinitely. Is it me, or does it feel kind of strange not having anything to study for now that spring’s rolling around? I’m starting to feel kind of lazy with all this damn free-time… Maybe this is what a normal routine is supposed to feel like…

I have one framed, simply went to this shop that frames art and asked them if they could do the same trick for me. Was quite cheap, actually and looks great. The other one is in the safe in its tube. Probably won’t ever get out.

McLeod81 Wrote: > Is it me, or does it feel kind of strange not > having anything to study for now that spring’s > rolling around? I’m starting to feel kind of lazy > with all this damn free-time… Maybe this is > what a normal routine is supposed to feel like… That is exactly how I feel. I am starting to enjoy it more than I did a few weeks ago!

Congrats guys! And, if you need something to stay stimulated, please continue to stick around and help us new L III’ers out. The insights from Team M (Mcleod, Maratikus, MWVT, mpnoonan) are always helpful.

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Is it me, or does it feel kind of strange not > having anything to study for now that spring’s > rolling around? I’m starting to feel kind of lazy > with all this damn free-time… Maybe this is > what a normal routine is supposed to feel like… Strange for sure. I kind of miss it in a way. Not the material itself, but the challenge. I will have to find something to replace it.

Chi Paul Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Congrats guys! > > And, if you need something to stay stimulated, > please continue to stick around and help us new L > III’ers out. > > The insights from Team M (Mcleod, Maratikus, MWVT, > mpnoonan) are always helpful. I plan on trying to help out a bit, but it is really sad how much I have forgotten already. I may hurt more than I help.

mpnoonan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I finally got my work experience approved and now > a holder of the CFA designation. Good luck to all > of the L3 candidates! Only a few more months! > > mpnoonan, CFA Congratulations, mpoonan! mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > McLeod81 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > Is it me, or does it feel kind of strange not > > having anything to study for now that spring’s > > rolling around? I’m starting to feel kind of > lazy > > with all this damn free-time… Maybe this is > > what a normal routine is supposed to feel > like… > > Strange for sure. I kind of miss it in a way. > Not the material itself, but the challenge. > > I will have to find something to replace it. I agree with both of you guys, since wrapping up the test last June and especially since results came out in August I don’t feel like I’m working towards anything. I keep telling myself that I’ll start studying for the GMAT, join the Dallas Chess Club, take golf lessons, etc. but I can’t find the motivation to give up the family / leisurely reading time that I’m now enjoying.

Well done. I am still waiting for local society, so frustrating after waiting so long to get this thing.

Jaffa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well done. I am still waiting for local society, > so frustrating after waiting so long to get this > thing. Jaffa, how long have you been waiting for approval? 2 weeks for CFAI and more for local society?

MWVT - The insights around test day, study methodolgies, how to crack IPS, etc. are just as useful (if not moreso) than explaing the details of say contingent immunization. So, please stick around or at least drop in now and then.