Check out this job posting

Found this job on Craigslist: YOUR PROFILE: 2007 grads or 1-3 years of work experience after undergrad. Internships in banking or asset management, sales, marketing, would be excellent. We DEFINITELY want to hear from you if any of these bullets applies: *you worked as a waiter, waitress, bartender, or in retail during college *you paid for your own education at a Tier 1 or 2 school *you have a 4.0 from any school *you were the social chair in your frat/sorority *you’re flirtatious and upbeat but know how to keep a secret (!!!) *you have a psychotic need to prove wrong anyone who doubts your potential ------------------------------------- Any takers? Why exactly do we need to be ‘flirtatious’ to work in a hedge fund?

Sounds like the posting I drafted for our new office “manager”.

they are looking for a hooters girl that paid to go to florida, texas,georgia south carolina or lsu

AND she should have a 4.0 GPA. The woman should be very stunning.

“AND she should have a 4.0 GPA. The woman should be very stunning.” Are you saying the 4.0 would make her more stunning?

Sounds like my ideal secretary. Just imagine the disappointment on the hiring manager’s face when he receives a resume response to this post that says, “John Smith” or “Richard Thompson.” I think he’s looking for “Veronica Johnson” or “Kelley Martin.”

Depends upon what you mean by ‘stunning’. I meant that the cumulative effect of all those requirements would be ‘stunning’! Can a waiter, waitress, bartender etc. really pay for tuition at a Tier 1 or Tier 2 school? With or without a student loan? Having a psychotic need to prove everyone wrong doesn’t sound like a very good quality to me…

they may be looking for veronica vaughn

hahaha, that is too funny a PSYCHOTIC need??

ruhi22 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Depends upon what you mean by ‘stunning’. I meant > that the cumulative effect of all those > requirements would be ‘stunning’! > > Can a waiter, waitress, bartender etc. really pay > for tuition at a Tier 1 or Tier 2 school? With or > without a student loan? > > Having a psychotic need to prove everyone wrong > doesn’t sound like a very good quality to me… Huh? I went to a Tier 1 school and plenty of my friends worked at bars and restaurants. And yes ANYONE can pay for school with student loans (Even if you don’t qualify for any aid, you can take out private student loans). Or maybe I just completely missed the point of your post and where you assumed that they have the “psychotic need to prove everyone wrong”

i dont know what kind of hedge fund your applying to…sounds like a complete joke.

FIAnalyst, I meant to say that nobody can pay for college education only on bartending money. I have worked as a waitress too. With a student loan, yes, we can get through college smoothly.