Check ur progress thread.

Just took L1 in December and new to the forum. Feel confident I passed, but who really knows. In reading how much you guys have studied it would seem like passing L2 in June will be a tall task if I cannot start studying till February when I find out my L1 outcome. Has anyone made a successful December to June transition? Don’t want to get ahead of myself, but inevitably a thought that has crossed my mind.

JHP Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just took L1 in December and new to the forum. > Feel confident I passed, but who really knows. In > reading how much you guys have studied it would > seem like passing L2 in June will be a tall task > if I cannot start studying till February when I > find out my L1 outcome. > > Has anyone made a successful December to June > transition? Don’t want to get ahead of myself, > but inevitably a thought that has crossed my mind. I am sure those folks moved on. However speaking from MY experience, I passed L1 in Dec 08 and I felt on top of the world. I took L2 in June thinking I was invinsible but only to have my A$$ handed to me on a platter. In retrospect those 4 months is not enough (in my opnion). It is a tall order but there is no harm in trying and I have no regrets sitting for exam because I got a good taste of what to expect now.

JHP Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just took L1 in December and new to the forum. > Feel confident I passed, but who really knows. In > reading how much you guys have studied it would > seem like passing L2 in June will be a tall task > if I cannot start studying till February when I > find out my L1 outcome. > > Has anyone made a successful December to June > transition? Don’t want to get ahead of myself, > but inevitably a thought that has crossed my mind. While it is a tall order as Round 2 points out, there are plenty of AFers who have done it. I would contact a couple of them to ask their advice…use the search function as I remember plenty of discussions on this topic.

I’ve know a whole lot of people who’ve done this. The common thing? They all started it a couple of weeks after L1 december exam. Enjoy another week or so and get head on with L2

Finished Ethics, Stats and Fin Statement

Currently going through CFAI and doing all EOC. Started in early November and studied sporadically, got more serious towards the end of the month: Topic Finish Date Quant 5th December Econ 6th December Corporate 13th December Finance Hope to finish derivatives before 23rd December. After that, I am taking Christmas Vacation and will not be studying until January 5th.

Going in order of the curriculum (but skipped Ethics) - I’ve almost finished Equity. I hoped to have my first reading of the curriculum done by Christmas, but this is now looking like it will be mid-January. Soddy.

Chapter 40, Emerging markets valuation. But I skipped ethics first. Hoping to finish this 4th book this month. Started studying in September but stopped from mid-October to about now. Been doing less than 5 hours a week due to work and some other stuff. But will pick up again from today. Hopefully I’d be able to do 2-3hrs a day.

I’m just starting Level 2 now, as I just sat for L1 earlier this month. I’d felt very prepared, and would be pretty surprised if I didn’t pass, so I want to get a head start now for June on Level 2. I’m starting with fixed income, so if I did fail L1, I will still be learning something that will benefit me at my job.

when you guys finish reading the material 5-6 months before the actual exam…are you skimming it? I’m just curious. Seems like a lot of extra work done somewhat far in advance. I usually only get through 20-25 pages a day and 50-100 during a weekend. At this rate, I don’t expect to get through the CFAI texts first time through until mid April.

I agree with jalmy8. I don’t think that I would retain the material that far out.

Not starting until after the holidays. I see 5 months as plenty of time to rack up about 400-500 hours of studying. I dont want to be at 10 hours a week but rather just jump head in and start banging out 20-25 hour weeks. Good luck all and happy holidays.

doesnt make sense to start this far in advance, but to each his own. good luck and god bless.

Jalmy8, I do skim for the most part. I read stuff I feel is dense, just to try and get a better handle on it. I skim the parts I understand fairly well. I also write down the formulas, so I can start memorizing them (writing them down in one place helps me a lot). Then I do the EOC questions. So I am taking notes on all of it, and doing questions, but yes it is a bit of skimming.

my strategy for now: read cfai text, make my own index cards, review schwer notes prior to exam! worked for L1, hoping for L2

Finished off Ethics EOC questions. Onward to QUANT running about 2 days ahead of schedule!

OMG checked my schedule to find i miscounted weeks, I was a few days behind not ahead!!! /wrists p.s IF u dont already have a study schedule in place, make one. Its the best way to pace urself

Chill man, you’ve still got awhile to go…

I had a schedule in place, but have fallen behind. I’ve read CFA Ethics, Quant, Econ and am on the last reading of FRA. Will finish the material, take some notes, and focus on major points using Schweser…lots of questions from CFAI end of readings and Schweser.

Starting today! Will begin with Alternate assets/Portfolio Management. Lets see how it goes! BOL to all of us!