Check ur progress thread.

Starting next Thursday. Going in order of the book banging Stalla and EOC questions from CFAI. Good luck everyone.

So my L2 studies began yesterday! Not too bad. Went through Alternate Assets and most of it is a recap from L1. Got a much better understanding of CML/Efficient frontier and realized how rusty I was on those basics! Taking it further today! Keep posting updates guys!

Finished reading book 1,2,3 and finishing up 5. Hopefully I can finish reading books 4 and 6 by end of January

Started at the end of September when the curriculum arrived, today I finished my first run through all the books, which involved taking notes and answering end of chapter questions. I feel better, knowing what is actually ahead of me now. With respect to the EOC questions, I did ok, probably coming in around 60% correct. We all know this is not good enough, but at this stage of the game I certainly would not pass the exam, but need to work hard. There is a lot of material to cover, but some of L2 seems to be more logical to me in comparison to L1, where you either knew the specific detail or you did not… Schweser, should arrive in 2010, when I will really get my head down to work. Good luck to all and best for 2010 !

perdition Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Started at the end of September when the > curriculum arrived, today I finished my first run > through all the books, which involved taking notes > and answering end of chapter questions. > > I feel better, knowing what is actually ahead of > me now. With respect to the EOC questions, I did > ok, probably coming in around 60% correct. > > We all know this is not good enough, but at this > stage of the game I certainly would not pass the > exam, but need to work hard. > > There is a lot of material to cover, but some of > L2 seems to be more logical to me in comparison to > L1, where you either knew the specific detail or > you did not… > > Schweser, should arrive in 2010, when I will > really get my head down to work. > > Good luck to all and best for 2010 ! Wow, that is pretty impressive! I started around the same time and am about halfway through the curriculum.

Cheers bpuldog, not impressive as such, more likely sad as I have spent all my spare time studying, having put the social life and many other things aside until June next year. Fear, is the worst thing…To put the work in and somehow the exam comes up with topics I am less knowledgeable on and I never gets tested on what I actually understand! I feel driven to learn the material, as I do not want to go through this again…so on that basis, I hope you can sense the abject fear, rather than be impressed!

Wow, I just planned to start, Looks like I’ll have to decide where to start before entering 2010 :slight_smile: !

d0pa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wow, I just planned to start, Looks like I’ll have > to decide where to start before entering 2010 :slight_smile: ! The consensus seems to be derivatives. I’m saving that towards the end since I felt comfortable with it last time.

For those worried about falling behind, it’s far too early to be through half the curriculum already like some other people. If you push through about 25 pages a day on average starting now, you’ll be done with the curriculum and still have 4 weeks of total exam prep. to do problems, review notes, etc… Not to mention, on weekends you can easily push more than 25 pages. That’s a pretty comfortable progress I’d say.

I signed on the dotted line for level 2 last night. Should have my materials opened and underway by next week. Just have to polish off my last MBA application first … why do we do this to ourselves? Ugh.

I am starting tomorrow. After failing L2 last time, my motivation level is really low, but I will study at least 3-5 hours tomorrow.

topher, good luck with the studying, as you have valued experiences of sitting the L2 exam, will your preperation be any different this time? Any tips would be useful, as I am one of the many who doesn’t want to go through this again!

I think the toughest section would be FRA. Not because it’s tough, but there’s far too much jargon and conceptual study before you can jump to playing with the numbers.

NickTW Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I signed on the dotted line for level 2 last > night. Should have my materials opened and > underway by next week. Just have to polish off my > last MBA application first … why do we do this > to ourselves? Ugh. Good luck with your MBA apps. Where are you applying, if you don’t mind sharing? What was your GMAT score?

Anyone else having trouble with time series? That is my kryptonite as of right now.

About to open up the first study guide after a 3 week break since taking level 1. sigh

Same here manstey - tonight is my first study session! It’s strange - when I completed the L1 exam in Dec it was almost as though something was missing in my day with no studying to be done. But now I have gotten used to not studying again and have to really kick myself to get going. Plus, it is hard to get motivated now knowing whether I have passed L1!!!

Same here. Im wondering how you cover soo much material and retain anything that far ahead? I am about to finish the firs CFAI book by this Wednesday and am gonna go with Stalla for the video classes and pass master but ill be reading the CFAI books. Three hours a day, five days a week should get me through a study session a week and I should be finished with my ‘First’ and only full reading of the CFAI material…anything after that would be to refresh and re-read shaky topics.

Just starting! eeek!

Will be starting SS9 tomorrow…I’m going in order of the CFAI texts so I’m almost done with books 1, 2, and 3.