chicken MCNUGGETS!

mcdonalds fires back with this video. they are back on my safe food list

[video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ua5PaSqKD6k]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ua5PaSqKD6k

I heard on the radio on the drive in to work this morning that Subway is under fire for having some yoga mat plastic in their buns?

EDIT: Here is the link http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-02-06/subway-removing-rubber-chemical-from-bread

Wasn’t Subway founded by a group of physicians to provide a healthy fast food alternative?

then they got greedy

Mmmm, chicken.

I had to look that up:

“In 1965, Fred DeLuca borrowed $1,000 from friend Peter Buck to start “Pete’s Super Submarines” in Bridgeport, Connecticut, and in the following year they formed Doctor’s Associates Inc to oversee operations of the restaurants as the franchise expanded.[7] The holding company derives its name from Fred DeLuca’s goal to earn enough from the business to pay tuition for medical school, as well as Peter Buck’s having a doctorate in physics.[8] Doctor’s Associates is not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, any medical organization.[9] In 1968, the sandwich shop began using the name “Subway” for the first time.[7]

So something like that, but not really. I guess one of those guys is a doctor, just not a medical doctor. Also, not sure if stuffing my face with 12 inch meatball subs qualifies as healthy, but of course, there are also other things on the menu.

^ Thanks for the research ohai. I had always been under the assumption that Doctor’s Associates was created by a group of practicing physicians with the specific intention of providing a healthy fast food alternative (and to make a nice buck of course).

I went to Subway for lunch today. Some black guy was in line ordering a footlong off of the $5 menu. I think it was ham or some sht. Anyways, he goes to pay, and it comes out to $5.54 or something with the tax. He’s like, WTF, I only got $5 maaang. The cashier, also a black guy, was like, “I ain’t taking no shorts, do you got $5.54 or not?” The black guy starts panicing and begins panhandling the line, “Eya got $0.54 I can borrow (as if he’ll pay it back!).” The line looked unamused. Finally the woman behind him took the $5 bill and said, “Put his on mine.” and paid with a card.

Same ol sht.

i don’t know why people still eat mcdonalds, i mean, they aren’t as many mcdonalds as before even in japan.

its pretty gross, whatever it is, or claims to be.

Mcdonalds is disgusting. Once you make over 25K a year, you shouldn’t be seen in that establishment.

Eating at McD has nothing to do with money for me. Sometimes I just crave for it over everything else.

Same. I love my McChicken, but I generally only eat McDs when I’m travelling on the road and there are relatively few places to eat. Or I’m really drunk. McDs is great drunk food. Those MFers moved my McDouble from the $1 menu to the >$1 menu. Not happy about that BS.

I haven’t liked mcnuggets since they moved to white meat. Once you lose the fat from dark meat, you lose the flavor.

I’m in to nuggets ya’ll. k-k-k-ketchup & mayo.

I used to be into the nuggets as a kid. but then i learned they would grind everything of the chicken into that nugget, and I quit. I hear they now only use white meat in those? is that true?

Even Subway’s chicken looks like rubber, it’s the same type of mechanically separated processed chicken goop.

McDonalds is far nicer than Subway. I just can’t handle that Subway smell. Why do their restaurants smell like petrochemicals?

Also, the bread is weirdly soft (baguettes are meant to be crisp) and they have no butter.

I like McDonalds because it gives me the feeling that I am buying things below market value. I do not think McDonalds can make money on $1.20 double cheeseburgers in expensive locations. They must rely on soda and fries to break even. Therefore, if I order only ~$1 items like double cheese burgers and McChickens, I feel like I am “winning”. I regret it later after eating five burgers though…

^ i heard there is no $1 menu in NYC???