china to unpeg yuan

will the likely change in yuan policy adversely impact US dollar? i think so.

source?

If it were to happen, yes. Will it happen, no.

China will absolutely, positively unpeg its currency at some point. It just might not happen any time soon.

I think they may change the peg level and let the renmimbi go up a bit but there is no way they let it float in free exchange anytime soon.

I think India is more promising than China, economic development wise… Thoughts?

hahahahahahhahaha can’t stop laughing that this is going to happen in the next 3 years.

Remember what poster Cinton said back in 2004. "Now is the time to fry the Yuan forward… "

You guys are right! Yuan is unpegged and is slowing rising in a controlled environment. BTW, for those who were around back in 2004, I think Cinton was ahead of his time. But yet his post was an instant classic. Anyone remember?

AlphaSeeker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think India is more promising than China, > economic development wise… > > Thoughts? I think you’re smoking crack. What research did you do to arrive at this conclusion?

arbitageur Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > will the likely change in yuan policy adversely > impact US dollar? i think so. not sure, i think they will both appreciate as china holds so many us reserves…both should app (in real terms) there’s no way it will float ‘freely’ - it will only float as long as its advantageous for China. letting it float in the SR may help to bolster the global economy/confidence/trade relations, but it will also aid Chinese investors in snapping up relatively cheap assets. wherever the Chinese choose to invest should app as well

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > arbitageur Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > will the likely change in yuan policy adversely > > impact US dollar? i think so. > > not sure, i think they will both appreciate as > china holds so many us reserves…both should app > (in real terms) If the yuan appreciated rapidly against the USD they would lose an enormous amount on their treasury holdings. Do we actually know how much US Debt China holds? It’s a scary thought.

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- Do we actually know how much > US Debt China holds? It’s a scary thought. I believe it is about $900 billion.

Mr. Pink Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > AlphaSeeker Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I think India is more promising than China, > > economic development wise… > > > > Thoughts? > > > I think you’re smoking crack. What research did > you do to arrive at this conclusion? Dude, curry demand has returnd solid 15% growth over the past 10 years. This a structural shift to a bull-market. I can make these jokes b/c I am half-indian.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > I can make these jokes b/c I am half-indian. Feather or dot :-)?

arbitageur Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > will the likely change in yuan policy adversely > impact US dollar? What factor would bring about a change? Lay off the dope.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > arbitageur Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > will the likely change in yuan policy adversely > > impact US dollar? > > What factor would bring about a change? Lay off > the dope. china wants to shift the g20 topic from them not revaluing their currency to the us repaying them?

Maybe we can repay them in Pizza Hut chicken wings…just a thought.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > > > I can make these jokes b/c I am half-indian. > > > Feather or dot :-)? The dothead variety. Half French (the terrible soccer type) and Half Indian (curry lov3r 4 lyfe!)

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Maybe we can repay them in Pizza Hut chicken > wings…just a thought. hahahahaha - nice. better start upping the production of the teryaki!