CIPM in March09 and L2 CFA Jun09

Hi all, I’m a newbie in AF but I’ve been visiting this site since I started preparing for L1 (didnt register though till now) and thank god passed L1 Jun08 on first attempt. :smiley: Anywayz, I’m planning to either take CAIA or CIPM in March 09 ? Both are relatively easy comparing to CFA L2. So what I have in mind , is that I will hit CFAI books till about Dec and focus on core cocepts till STALLA prep course is launched probably in mid Jan then start preparing for CIPM Principles Level or CAIA L1 till Mar09 exam, therefore I will still have 3 months to finish whats left and review for L2 Jun09. personally I believe both have the same weight in terms of preparation (CAIA and CIPM). so what do you think people ? CIPM or CAIA ? with L2 CFA in Jun09 One more thing, Is Peter Olinto teaching in L2 STALLA ?

cipm is not so popular i am doing level II cfa in june 09. CAIA level I in sept and II in march. i got my CAIA books today and am well into it…

Today !! do think there is still time for me to, register, order books, and start hitting them ? Exam is in Sep… mmm, in CAIA website , they mention 120-150 hours is enough for preparation. so how many hours per day you think its enough ?

Registration is closed for Sep Exam !!! its all good, and thank daj224 , will contact you furthur if I have any enquries regarding L1 CAIA. Which Prep course did you take ?

yeah, registration closed last week. i got schweser in mail today and killed 2 chapters on hedge funds. good night

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yeah, registration closed last week. i got > schweser in mail today and killed 2 chapters on > hedge funds. > > good night if you don’t mind me asking…what else do you do aside from studying and posting on analystforum?

What benefits are there to the CIPM if youa re already a CFA chartherholder…? What other designations are you guys considering.

> if you don’t mind me asking…what else do you do > aside from studying and posting on analystforum? hah! it is ok. i am looking for full time job and doing some consulting on the side, plus i have a startup. today for example: i am/was - prepping for an i bank interview - doing a 22 tab pro forma on a stock on excel to send out to sell sider i am sucking up to for a job - studying for CAIA - starting a consulting project someone emailed me (small) - celebrating with a beer in 2 hours b/c i have MBA and level I under my belt and life is good and it will be better when i have dream job and even better when i find a girl to take to cocktail events in the city… any more questions? : ) -

Looking for this article Meredith, R., N. De Brito, and R. De Figueiredo. “Portfolio Management with Illiquid Investments.” Citi Alternative Investments. June 2006, p. 26-31. please help archive.info80@gmail.com