Citi will go down next

It’s not that, I just get worried about the whole internet banking that’s all. Another thing I don’t like about ING is the lonnnggg delay to take out funds after you deposit money. It’s about a week to take out money after you have deposited. I would suggest putting your money in CD’s at BoA, they have some really short ones, 28 days i believe, the rate is not great but it’s something.

louisvillegrad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Whatever…just watch and see. It might very well happen, I have no idea. My point is that your post has no value, and if it does happen it will be more luck than foresight on your part. Its Daj like… no substance. If you had some interesting cause->effect, or any sort of reasoning/logic beyond “just watch and see” I’d appreciate these types of posts, but this is just a waste of time…

How does lousiville have time to post all of these doom and gloom threads? Doesn’t he have accounts needing to be reconciled on his hands?

I’ll have to start thinking about this but ING is at 2.75 APY I don’t see many reputable places besting that but again if they do fail it’ll be a pain in the arse to get money out I imagine even if it is FDIC insured. The desposit delay doesn’t bother me much as it’s worse if you need funds out of a CD.

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > louisvillegrad Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Whatever…just watch and see. > > > It might very well happen, I have no idea. My > point is that your post has no value, and if it > does happen it will be more luck than foresight on > your part. Its Daj like… no substance. If you > had some interesting cause->effect, or any sort of > reasoning/logic beyond “just watch and see” I’d > appreciate these types of posts, but this is just > a waste of time… not only is it not value-add, but it is truly value-diminishing for people that took the time to read the thread. i want the last 30 seconds of my life back

The Fed won’t allow Citi to fail.

2 mins 20 seconds wasted. Am a fundamental research analyst and I strongly suggest, in the current environment, please don’t buy/sell stocks based on analyst’s price target and rating. Key assumption in fundamental research – markets are rational – is violated.

wtf, i have my entire savings spread across Citi, Wamu, Scottrade, and ING. You’re telling me that scottrade is safer than all those 3 banks (I know Wamu’s gone)?

I can’t imagine this happening, but if it does, I’ll be pissed. I bought Citi unsecured notes at 8.7% yield in June. Those are now yielding around 35% with principal due in May 2009.

no big banks will fail anymore, period. they may get nationalized, the govt debts may go up, the equity may get wiped out, etc. but no depositor will lose a penny. they tried that with lehman, and they are NEVER, ever, walking down that road again. your money is safe, with the government. your future taxes, LT govt bonds, the dollar, i am less sure about, but your FDIC insured deposits are 100% implicitly backed by uncle sam.

I guess the question is what do you mean by “big”? I have some money at Key Bank and I think the govt would let them fail. I don’t even like them very much, but I can walk to my bank from home easily and I seem to need that.

I guess the question is what do you mean by “big”? I have some money at Key Bank and I think the govt would let them fail. I don’t even like them very much, but I can walk to my bank from home easily and I seem to need that.

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > louisvillegrad Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Whatever…just watch and see. > > > It might very well happen, I have no idea. My > point is that your post has no value, and if it > does happen it will be more luck than foresight on > your part. Its Daj like… no substance. If you > had some interesting cause->effect, or any sort of > reasoning/logic beyond “just watch and see” I’d > appreciate these types of posts, but this is just > a waste of time… Hit it on the nail. I am no longer posting on this forum or reading it anymore. Handled two levels without input from AF’ers (no disrespect nor am I claiming any sort of super powers given to me from the voodoo Gods). I get agitated every time I log on here - too much drama, speculation, short-termism and too many people spouting off outlandish predictions like they have a crystal ball - peace

Those ING direct accounts are also awesome for transferring money fee-free between accounts… not to mention that you can open multiple accounts easily to sort out your cash for separate uses… all at a 3% apr.

Yeah I love ING and I checked… it wasn’t a bailout as we’ve seen before with ING but a capital injection to ensure it can keep up its competition with other banks that have received government backing. How about ‘free markets’…they are getting help from the government to make sure they can make even more money as there most recent figures were still quite strong.