Citi will go down next

That should be the cataclysmic event to drag the dow to 6500.

would you like to elaborate as to why?

GS put a sell recommendation on Citi…tanking now. Meredith says should end up at $7.

Hopefully ING is next.

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hopefully ING is next. why hopefully? i got my emergency fund invested in savings with ING.

Yeah soon there will be only GS left as both an investment and retail banker. Welcome to USof GS.

wow, so your analysis is that Meredith says should end up at $7and GS puts a sell rec so Citi will fail. That was enlightening. Thanks.

Because I hate the guy that does those stupid @ss commercials. Save yo money. I know he’s just an actor, but I hate him more than the dudes they keep putting on the front of the Schweser books. Start that run on deposits needhelp. Make my dream come true.

louisvillegrad - are you even a L1 candidate?

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wow, so your analysis is that Meredith says should > end up at $7and GS puts a sell rec so Citi will > fail. > > That was enlightening. Thanks. Watch who you’re criticizing. This guy graduated from Louisville and is considered the real deal among back offices throughout the world.

Whatever…just watch and see.

louisvillegrad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Whatever…just watch and see. watch and see? thats brilliant. yogi berra-ish.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- yogi berra-ish. +5

Needhelp, now that you mentioned ING, I took out all my money out of there just in case. Check out the news, they just had a preemptive bailout over the weekend.

elrecio81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Needhelp, now that you mentioned ING, I took out > all my money out of there just in case. Check out > the news, they just had a preemptive bailout over > the weekend. I know about that and I thought that since it had been injected with cash that my money was ok. I am getting nervous now. My option would be to transfer all of the savings from ING to checking with BoA. But then how safe is BoA?

Just dont transfer to citi either lol :slight_smile:

just hide it under your beds for crissakes and get peace of mind if that’s what you want!

elrecio81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Needhelp, now that you mentioned ING, I took out > all my money out of there just in case. Check out > the news, they just had a preemptive bailout over > the weekend. ING is FDIC insured so you are expecting the FDIC to fail then…?

niraj_a Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > just hide it under your beds for crissakes and get > peace of mind if that’s what you want! that wont work either. if we go down to the extent that ING and citi no longer exist then i suspect the dollar under the mattress wont amount to much either.

So the first time I am on this site all day and my favorite is linked to the home page where you can see the most recent posts but not the person who posted it and I see one named “Citi will go down next”… and I think to myself I would bet a million bucks that louisvilllegrad posted it and what do you know I click in and bam its louisvillegrad mr doom and gloom himself…I’m not saying it can’t happen but wow! …I wonder if he’s short stocks.