Citing CFA Candidacy on a resume

Question for you guys, how have you cited your candidacy on your resume? I am considering putting “CFA Candidate Expected completion Dec 09” on mine…

Long answer; read ethics as that is a violation. Short answer; CFA Level 1 Candidate under education/skills/etc.

There are quite a few threads about how to place candidacy on resumes.

I’m put CFA graduate and hoping no one checks

meazza Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m put CFA graduate and hoping no one checks = D**B A**

CFA level 2 candidate, june 2009. that is how it is done on the buy side.

CFA LEVEL I CANDINDATE, December 2008. Font 48, Castella. Second page of the resume.Landscape.

I wouldn’t put CFA Level I Candidate on my resume because everybody can register for CFA Level I and become a Level I Candidate. Wait until you pass Level I and then after registering for Level II exam, you can put that you are a CFA Level II Candidate.

Putting CFA Level 1 candidacy on your resume is just said. You registered for an exam, that’s it.

Put CFA I with bold, size to 24 beside your name.

Agreed, why put that you are a level one candidate on your resume. You can always bring it up in an interview but as of today all you have done is paid some $$$.

CFA Level II Candidate, June 2009

You can’t put expected completion, that is a violation. However I did put on my resume, registered for the Chartered Financial Analyst Level 1 Exam in December under the Certifications section where I listed the 7, 66 etc etc.

–tysong-- too funny. If you are asking this question, you must not have started studying.

Gordon Gekko CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Question for you guys, how have you cited your > candidacy on your resume? I am considering putting > “CFA Candidate Expected completion Dec 09” on > mine… HAHAHA. Let me quote what someone said awhile ago “the only difference between a level 1 candidate and my grandma is that i paid 1200 dollars” I do however encourage that on your cover letter you just place CFA slapped in the center of the page in the largest font possible.

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFA LEVEL I CANDINDATE, December 2008. Font 48, > Castella. Second page of the resume.Landscape. 2 page resume?? ridiculous. unless you are CEO material, no one does 2 pagers. trust me on this one.

Bleeck Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Putting CFA Level 1 candidacy on your resume is > just said. You registered for an exam, that’s it. DEBATEABLE. IF YOU ARE DOING A TOP 20 MBA, WE RECOMMEND YOU PUT IT ANYWAY. THEY LIKE IT AND YOU ARE BETTER OFF WITH IT ON THAN NOT. BUT DAMN , IT FEELS GOOD TO PUT LEVEL 2 NOW!!!

CFA Level I Candidate. Failed (June 2007, Dec 2007,June 2008). depicts determination, a never-say-die attitude !