Classic... 2 1/2 days left, Treynor Black last to review

I’ve been registered for this exam since August, 2007, and been studying since October, 2007. So… I’m trying to finish my second (and in some cases third) review of the material so I can finally do a mock / sample exam. And what topic do you think I still haven’t gotten to? The one topic that blew everyone away last year and I’ve been hearing about for 9 months— TB! Classic. I’ll hit ya tomorrow, Trey.

you don’t need to know tb. relax.

What do you think the chances of another vingette on this would be?

pylon belive it or not I am reading for the first time the eva, mva,real estate/ hedge funds now!! I have been avoiding it to the point that now I don’t have a chance. have to freaking finish so I can take the mocks. f@ck me

TB was on last years exam, if they ask it again, I hope everyone gets smoked on it b/c I’ll need the curve.

Here are some of my notes related to one of the two LOS on TB. Also, the book says we don’t have to know formulas related to the TB sections. Steps and approach of TB ========================= Purpose is to include mispriced securities into a portfolio. TB says how to balance aggressive exploitation with diversification. 1. Estimate beta of each security along with its risidual risk. 2. Determine expected return and expected abnormal return. 3. Use estimates of alpha, beta, and var(stock’s residual**) to determine optimal portfolio weights. 4. compute alpha, beta, and var(stock’s residual) of portfolio. **Offsets alpha

zeroaffinity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Here are some of my notes related to one of the > two LOS on TB. Also, the book says we don’t have > to know formulas related to the TB sections. > … Thanks for the tips. And you’re right (of course). The LOSs (there are only a few) say things like “Discuss” and “Describe”.

i hope they try to push this TB stuff on the exam again. i’m waiting for my revenge!