Clemens

i just hate that congress is getting involved in the steroids issue. same with the issue with the patriots. how in the world can this possibly the most pressing issue they have on their plates right now?

Is it me or did most of those congressmen sound like morons yesterday?

Dammit. The year I started collecting baseball cards as a kid, I took a chance on buying a stack of Rodger Clemens rookie cards (back then market price was ~$0.35 a card, bought in bulk at about a quarter). Writedowns!

CIA destroys interrogation tapes…meh, whatevs Patriots try and cheat, call in the Feds mlh97 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i just hate that congress is getting involved in > the steroids issue. same with the issue with the > patriots. how in the world can this possibly the > most pressing issue they have on their plates > right now?

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A0WTWZvMm7RHUCYApgDavrYF?slug=ap-steroids-pettitte&prov=ap&type=lgns -Waxman commended Pettitte for making his admissions. -“Mr. Pettitte’s consistency makes him a role model on and off the field,” Waxman said. 1. Without being mentioned on Mitchel report, would Andy ever have admitted his use? 2. He admitted using it once in 2002 before, now he says he used them again in 2004. 3. His affidavit was submitted “in EXCHANGE for being excused” from Wednesday’s hearing. And some idiot politician call this guy a roll model. I certainly don’t.

adehbone Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Now that you mention it, Kevin Brown prolly did do > roids. I think he was named in one of the reports > too, his last couple seasons in LA or NY i think. > > The only other pitchers I’d say compare to Clemens > during his time; are Pedro, Johnson, Maddux and > Schilling. I don’t think any of those guys did > roids though. Pedro Martinez – the best pitcher of my generation when he’s healthy, but generally too fragile because of his lack of conditioning. He was probably clean, though 'roids would have at least given him the motivation to hit the weights earlier in his career. Randy Johnson – always been somewhat of a freak of nature, with freakish talent. I don’t think he was on the juice either. Greg Maddux – there aren’t too many finesse pitchers that are as good as Maddux these days, but I still think he was legit. Never been suspected of being otherwise. Curt Schilling – if I knew nothing else about him, I would think he’d be most likely to be on the juice out of the four pitchers you mentioned. However, I think if he were illegitimate, there’d be no way he’d be so outspoken about drug testing and just about anything else that seems to cross his mind. Roger Clemens – as a Yankee fan, I wish I could say it ain’t true, but it probably is…

its crazy how some of these players became better with age.

>Curt Schilling Also, his gut would have been smaller if he was ever on. What about Sammy, Pudge, Bret Boone? Just look at the physical/number change.

of the pitchers mentioned, i’d say maddux is by far the least likely to have juiced. the guys in the stands walking around selling cotton candy have more muscle that he has. and bret boone was the most obvious to me. he was a weak-hitting second baseman and all of a sudden he has popeye forearms and flipping his bat around after hitting homers. then, just as fast as he’s “improved” he’s getting cut from teams.

i think sammy sosa, ivan rodriguez, and bret boone all juiced. when MLB announced its new drug testing policy (which by and large still seems to be somewhat of a sham), they all lost incredible amounts of weight in the offseason and experienced a precipitous decline in production the following season. the irony of things is that pudge is still a decent player in the major leagues, albeit a shadow of what he used to be. i remember during 2005 spring training, ivan rodriguez somehow managed to lose like 35 pounds during the span of three months in the winter, because he wanted to improve his agility…riiiiiiiight.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > adehbone Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Now that you mention it, Kevin Brown prolly did > do > > roids. I think he was named in one of the > reports > > too, his last couple seasons in LA or NY i > think. > > > > The only other pitchers I’d say compare to > Clemens > > during his time; are Pedro, Johnson, Maddux and > > Schilling. I don’t think any of those guys did > > roids though. > > Pedro Martinez – the best pitcher of my > generation when he’s healthy, but generally too > fragile because of his lack of conditioning. He > was probably clean, though 'roids would have at > least given him the motivation to hit the weights > earlier in his career. > > Randy Johnson – always been somewhat of a freak > of nature, with freakish talent. I don’t think he > was on the juice either. > > Greg Maddux – there aren’t too many finesse > pitchers that are as good as Maddux these days, > but I still think he was legit. Never been > suspected of being otherwise. > > Curt Schilling – if I knew nothing else about > him, I would think he’d be most likely to be on > the juice out of the four pitchers you mentioned. > However, I think if he were illegitimate, there’d > be no way he’d be so outspoken about drug testing > and just about anything else that seems to cross > his mind. > > Roger Clemens – as a Yankee fan, I wish I could > say it ain’t true, but it probably is… It sucks having to sort through your tem’s roster and realize which guys were probably roided up. As a Braves fan, given the affinity for hiring free agents for one-year contracts, its extensive…

Joey, did you read the statistical report produced by the UPenn professors which refutes the report produced by Team Clemens?

Brady Anderson - 1996 What a joke!