CleverCFA

Or, in this case, whisk_ ie _s.

wink

Depends: bottle, or puddle?

I appreciate it!

A few candidates here have unearthed me on LinkedIn; it’s not difficult.

I’ve been holding myself back but I have to say it:

whisky = scoth whisky, only if it is produced in scotland can it be correctly referred to as whisky (plural whiskies)

whiskey = every other type from around the world.

The Japanese, Aussies and whoever else refer to their varieties as whisky but the correct name for it is pishwater

Three years ago my wife and I went on a horse drive in Northeastern Idaho. Amongst our companions were two women from Aberdeen (Scotland), celebrating their 40th birthdays.

They brought along a bottle of Tormore, which was wonderful. It’s a Speyside single-malt (similar to Macallan in that respect).

For 2½ years I hunted for a bottle everywhere I went. They didn’t export it to the US, and, as far as I could tell, didn’t export it anywhere.

Last December I found it at BevMo: they finally started to export it. There’s a bottle – now about half-filled – in my liquor cabinet.

According to these ladies, Glenfiddich is swill. I agree.

Interestingly, although this thread was intended for cleverCFA, he hasn’t put in an appearance.

He must still be celebrating.

Pity: at least part of the purpose of this thread was to assist him in that endeavor.

A puddle of whisky would just be so awesome. But alas, just an open, mostly consumed bottle.

Talisker 10 probably has one of the best Quality/price ratios for whiskies … anything from Islay goes for me. In the spring of 2009 a friend and I sat in a bar in a hotel in Boston and had the last 2 shots from a bottle of Jameson 18 (yes, yes, I KNOW it’s an Irish whisky rather than a scotch) - it had a wonderful peach undercurrent that I have been lusting for ever since, but have sadly not been able to rediscover :frowning:

Why not Glenfiddich? I bought a handle of Glenfiddich 12 about a hour after the test ended in my $250 liquor store binge after a couple drinks by the test center. I like it fine.

Have y’all tried Ardbeg Uigeadail?

It has almost a cinnamon finish; very tasty.

You and many others, judging by the fact that they still distill and sell it.

I simply dislike it.

Life’s way, _ way _ too short to drink whisky you dislike.

“Life’s way, _ way _ too short to drink whisky you dislike.”

Amen.

Cigars as well IMO

You can’t go wrong with islay whisky if you ask me. some peaty, some smooth and some in between. all great though.

The Jura blends are surprisingly good, i thought they were all branding but they’re really good quality. try prophecy if you like peaty whisky.

I’m yet to get my head round the fact that Johnny Walker is the big global brand of whisky.

also jamiesons is whiskey. sorry, i can’t help myself.

I wouldn’t drink a cigar even if you paid me $5.

would you do it for a bottle of the macallan 50?

Maybe once.

You’re not talking about Frugal McDoogal’s are you? Actually that might be on 21 now that I think about it… But I must have spent 20 minutes or half an hour meandering through the whisky section when I went there. More likely however, is that I probably look like a kid in a candy store when I’m trying to decide what kind of booze to purchase. So I’m super slow; even more so than usual.

But $150 a glass? Jeez I could make a million a year and I don’t think even then I would shell out that kind of coin for a drink.

Movie clip from the best movie that not many people know about that I ALWAYS think about when I hear the word whisky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2SHm8dqL9M

Nope: Southern Spirits.

I wonder if cleverCFA is ever going to see this thread and comment on it.

He’d be too drunk from sampling all the drinks that have been mentioned here S2000 :slight_smile: