CleverCFA

Hey Nothing wrong with that. I drink both of those too and like them. Jameson is nice it has a sweeter flavour, goes great on the rocks, a bit of soda or gingerale if you want a lighter drink.

Gpmagnus, Are you really living on a remote arctic island ? Where do you go to give the CFA exam?

I took L1 in the cold, snowy capital of a very very large country … I took L2 less than 150 meters from the azure waves of the Mediterranean … for L3 I have yet to decide where … As for my abode … its pretty much the antithesis of Svalbard and Jan Mayen, which is precisely why I chose it :slight_smile:

This thread got me curious about Scotch, so i started my single malt journey last week with Glenlivet 12. Very easy finish…Next im going for Lagavulin.

Glenlivet’s not bad. However, the Lagavulin will be extremely different: much smokier (peatier). I love it, but it’s not to everyone’s taste.

Frankly, I’d encourage you to find a well-stocked bar and buy a shot first; it would be a shame to buy a bottle and discover that you despise it.

Just tried some Auchentoshan Three Wood earlier this evening. I normally prefer the smoother single malts, but this I would drink again!!

Magician have you tried Bunnahabhain? A local bar has the 12 and 18, definitely my new favorite.

Uigeadail is my current open bottle. Probably tied with Lag 16 as my favorites of all time.

[video:https://youtu.be/_GNoto7sVRc]

#swingers

Loving this thread! Bought the Lagavulin 16 as a gift to myself for passing L3 last year. Suuuuper tasty stuff.

A nice cost-effective, peppery single malt is Aberfeldy…pretty cool black & gold packaging that looks nice on the bar display.

Had the Dalwhinnie 15 a few years back…as noted previously, very mild and smooth finish…nice grab for the price.

Recently purchased the Highland Park Viking’s Honour…much more boozy and peaty, but still would pair well with a mild cigar.

You guys gotta try Jura, though. Hands down, some of my favorite stuff out there.

Cheers!

S2000, if you like your peatier styles, you could get involved with some Irish whiskey - Connemara Peated Single Malt - very good value. Even for their older varieties.

How does everyone feel about CANADIAN wsky

It’ll be Johnny Walker Blue Label for me if I pass L3 this August.

Anyone try/enjoy Yamazaki, Hibiki, Kavalan whiskey?

Johnny Walker Blue is bush league.

Do it right: Macallan 50.

I’ve tried Yamazaki 12 and it was quite good.

In 2011/2012 I worked with an engineer named Yamazaki. When he was going to return to Japan we had a going-away party and we bought him a bottle of Yamazaki 18. Unfortunately, we were in North Carolina, so the restaurant at which we had the party would not allow him to open it there; liquor laws are very strict (and are taken _ very _ seriously) in North Carolina. Consequently, I never got a chance to try it.

Awesome. Thanks for reply and hope you get to enjoy it and perhaps more on 8/28 ish! I think I might go for a whiskey certification after the CFA if I’m lucky

I just got a bottle of their Toiteach, which I came to discover is a 10-year.

I like it.