Closest Call On Level 1?

I know there is a thread on results, but I thought it would be interesting to see who had the closest call but still passed on Level 1. I saw one on the Level 2 forum that seemed pretty ridiculous, but I think mine might have been close to the cut off for level 1: Level I: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item SetQ#TopicMax Pts<=50%51%-70%>70% -Alternative Investments8-*- -Corporate Finance20-*- -Derivatives12–* -Economics24-*- -Equity Investments24-*- -Ethical & Professional Standards36–* -Financial Reporting & Analysis48-*- -Fixed Income Investments28-*- -Portfolio Management12–* -Quantitative Methods28–* Anyone have anything more marginal?

can you say ethics adjustment

That’s pretty damn close. I did see someone’s results over on the L2 forum with 7 sections in the 50-70 range. This is why I hate the scoring bucket system. Your breakdown may look bad but your absolute score could be a 75 for all we know, whereas someone who went 10/10 >70 may have just squeezed by in each section for an aggregate 73 or something. Congrats though

Here is the thing: i thought I bombed ethics. I came out of the exam knowing 3 questions that I missed. I was not surprised at the other sections. I am terrible at fra although I thought I would have done better on corporate. I only studied for this exam in three weekends so I guess I can’t complain!

apologies if it had been asked somewhere else…guess no shame in asking…i cant comprehend the results that people are posting…can somebody please help me understand… and congratulations to all of those who passed and people who were second best, dont give up!!!

Yep - I only got 70% in 3 areas - quant, ethics and FRA & a fail in FI. Whilst not brilliantly prepared for the exam, I know that I would have done very well in ethics & FRA as I found them very easy, I knew enough of the material that the rest of the areas would have been fairly close to 70 and I was very surprised to fail FI so I guess it was only marginal too. Level I: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 - * - - Corporate Finance 20 - * - - Derivatives 12 - * - - Economics 24 - * - - Equity Investments 24 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Reporting & Analysis 48 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 28 * - - - Portfolio Management 12 - * - - Quantitative Methods 28 - - *

When your employer contacts the CFAI to confirm your status, do they get the breakdown or just the pass/fail?

-I thought my breakdown looked fairly borderline Level I: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 - * - - Corporate Finance 20 - - * - Derivatives 12 - * - - Economics 24 - * - - Equity Investments 24 * - - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Reporting & Analysis 48 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 28 - - * - Portfolio Management 12 - - * - Quantitative Methods 28 - * -

Level I: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 - * - - Corporate Finance 20 - * - - Derivatives 12 * - - - Economics 24 - * - - Equity Investments 24 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Reporting & Analysis 48 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 28 - * - - Portfolio Management 12 - - * - Quantitative Methods 28 - * - Maybe this qualifies

Here’s a result I saw one person post…must of scored between 65% and 69% in 8 of the 10 topics…talk about close… ============ ============ Level I: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 - * - - Corporate Finance 20 - * - - Derivatives 12 - * - - Economics 24 - * - - Equity Investments 24 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Reporting & Analysis 48 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 28 - * - - Portfolio Management 12 - * - - Quantitative Methods 28 - - *