CMA (Certified Management Accountant)

I know the CMA has been briefly discussed before (I did a search), but I have a few questions for anyone who has actually been in the program. 1. Did you take the old 4 Part or are you taking the new 2 Part exam structure starting last month? 2. It seems like Gleim is the best test prep provider - did you use Gleim or something else. 3. How long did you prepare for each exam? In addition, any other comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just curious, why are you interested in this? I’m a CPA and I’ve never heard any headhunter/company hiring giving a slash about the CMA? It’s pretty much CPA or nothing for any accounting job from what I’ve seen…

Wrong forum?

http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,1095738,1095884#msg-1095884

Hank Scorpio Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just curious, why are you interested in this? I’m > a CPA and I’ve never heard any headhunter/company > hiring giving a slash about the CMA? It’s pretty > much CPA or nothing for any accounting job from > what I’ve seen… It has some value in corporate finance. I’ve seen a lot of listings that say CPA/CMA preferred, and the CMA is easier and cheaper. Having said that, if you like accounting it’s best to go for the CPA. If you hate accounting, want to work in finance, but can’t make it in the investment sector, a CMA might be the way to go.

How about prep time required for each level? I’ve looked over the IMA website and can’t find how many hours they recommend per level.

managerial accounting is boring as all hell. You sure you want this?