CMT (Chartered Market Technician)

Anybody familiar with the Charter? I know it’s not in the right forum but figured I’d try here anyway.

Thanks!

#Nah

Hi Ctay61983

It took a few days to create an account so I can show up here.

I am a CMT candidate and am preparing to take Level III exam this November. You can find a thorough introduction about the CMT Designation on their website. https://cmtassociation.org/chartered-market-technician/.

If you are interested in technical analysis or trying hard to get a job in an analyst position, then CMT will help a lot.

We have a CMT forum held by Association officially, once you register with the CMT program, the Association will send you an entry link. Hope we can see you there someday. :slight_smile:

Just go to linkedin and do a search of CMT holders…it doesn’t look good, although the material may be interesting

“CMT holder doesn’t look good”

No offense but this might be the meanest judgment I have heard about CMT Chartholders this year.

It is just a Certificate, or we say a tool.

No one looks good just because they are not holders.

And no one ‘doesn’t look good’ just because they are holders.

Chill Bro, don’t be so negative. I only meant in term of number of people who have it. There’s only 1400 worldwide and I’m rounding up.

I’m all for certifications and lifelong learning. I would not except it to be a requirement on a job ad. I’m doing 5 myself and I have a hard enough time explaining FRM to the people who work in risk.