Cockamamy theory

So based on the morning session posted on the website, this year’s Level 3 was about a billion times easier than last year’s. And I’ve talked to a handful of Level 2 retakers who thought this year’s Level 2 was way easier than last year’s. Any chance CFA was sick of getting complaints from candidates about the test not reflecting the curriculum, so they decided to … A) Ask more straightforward questions, and if so B) Use a higher MPS

a. possible b. very possible but the end result is the same in scenario b as with no changes at all, right?

I do not think so since I can get above 90percent in 2005-2010 AM . I do not think it is much easier this year. There are so many easy marks in prioy years like corner portfolio. I think it is consistent each year.

Goodman you’re a real bum bro. Gotta label the am

I do not think I forgot to label AM . I think lv3 is so simple to me . Is it ok?

Yes very simple say Confucius

I don’t think this was easier than 2009 exam… This has more qualitative questions than any other exam I’ve seen… People rarely get good scores on qualitative papers

I have tried to find it on the website - no luck. Anyone willing to post a link? Thanks.

AM was lengthy this time but maybe less tricky. PM on the other hand was actually quite hard. People might get surprised by their scores.

I do not think that the exam overall was easier than any other year. PM was in fact very tough.

I agree. AM was lengthy. PM was brutal.

Thought 2010’s AM was a tad easier than 2011’s AM. Neither was excessively difficult, but as others have observed, corner portfolios was a gift we were not given this time around.

gjertsen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thought 2010’s AM was a tad easier than 2011’s AM. > Neither was excessively difficult, but as others > have observed, corner portfolios was a gift we > were not given this time around. How much do you love corner portfolio’s? They’re terrific questions! I thought the AM was on par with 2010, maybe a bit tougher, but that’s only really due to the length. It also could be because I wrote the 2010 exam at my desk, whereas 2011 was the real thing. PM was hard, but I had plenty of time to really think through my answers so I found it a bit more relaxed.

seemorr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So based on the morning session posted on the > website, this year’s Level 3 was about a billion > times easier than last year’s. And I’ve talked to > a handful of Level 2 retakers who thought this > year’s Level 2 was way easier than last year’s. shouldnt taking Level 2 a second time make it easier? hmmmmmm.

it’s funny to see the word “Cockamamy” in print

> seemorr Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > So based on the morning session posted on the > > website, this year’s Level 3 was about a > billion > > times easier than last year’s. And I’ve talked > to > > a handful of Level 2 retakers who thought this > > year’s Level 2 was way easier than last year’s. > > shouldnt taking Level 2 a second time make it > easier? hmmmmmm. That’s an excellent point. I took Level 2 last year for the second time, and thought the test much more manageable than 2 years ago. In reality, I think I was just better prepared, because most of the AF sentiment seemed to think last year’s Level 2 was the hardest thing ever.

well that’s odd. I heard from a bunch of people this year’s L3 was overall harder than last year

seemorr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So based on the morning session posted on the > website, Where do I find that?

BUMP!

chad17 - earlier years - 2008, 2009 and 2010 morning session papers are available on the CFA Website. Are you asking about that?