Coconut water -- price worth it?

Anyone drink coconut water? I love this stuff. I drink it like water (lol). But, the price is so expensive. I can drink a liter or 2 or more per day and thats like 12-15 bucks (per day). I’m not saying I do drink that much per day but it has happened. I know its imported from Thailand and the good stuff is 100% pure, but does anyone order this stuff online for cheap?

i think coco water tastes like what i expect semen tastes like. based on your profile pic, i can see why you like it. haha. Friday!

surprise

Wow that was so immature it turns out hilarious.

Anyway, I’m surprised by how coconut water is the new thing in the US now. Where I was growing up abroad, this stuff literally grew on trees.

I wonder what will be the next wonder of the lost world to make its way here. Durian water or something maybe.

Matt raises a fair point.

I agree with MLA’s main point, the stuff tastes nasty as hell. Don’t know many who drink it outside of people who think its healthy but generally know nothing about nutrition. There are also the people who “don’t like the taste of water” which I don’t understand. My mother told me this and it blew my mind. Water tastes amazing and is refreshing, how the hell do people not like its taste. I drink at least like 8 bottles or refills a day.

yeah I mean I spent three years of my childhood eating mangos and coconuts in central america so I kind of like them oh man trader joe’s has some sickkkkkkkkkkkk mango sorbet so tasty

"The good: This food is very low in Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin C, Riboflavin and Calcium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Magnesium, Potassium and Manganese.

The bad: This food is very high in Sodium, and a large portion of the calories in this food come from sugars." http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3115/2#ixzz3uieGjYEZ

yeah I drink at least 6-8 cups of water a day cool

What is really disgusting is almond milk

Coconut water probably isn’t that healthy. Coconut milk tho is good.

Coconut oil in your coffee with pad of unsalted butter - breakfast of champions.

I don’t care for the taste of coconut water. That Pina Colada mix in tropical resorts is awesome tho!!

What really unsettles me about coconut water is that the coconut bits don’t sink or float in it, even when you shake it up!!

http://foodbabe.com/2014/07/15/how-to-buy-the-healthiest-coconut-water-and-avoid-the-worst/

Big scam, really. But if it keeps you from drinking soft drinks, its probably a big win none the less. There is no commercial food product worse for your health than a can of cola.

After an earth-shaking workout where I’ve summoned the power of the gods into each and every muscle fiber and tested the outer limits of bicep development with a Rich Piana-style routine, I enjoy coconut water mixed with at least 40-50 grams of whey protein isolate – this combination has put an inch on my arms per workout, without limit. So yeah, I dig me somes coco water son…

This post needs to be pinned at the top of the thread as the best answer

My biggest vice may just be diet soda, but I just can’t find real data that would make me give it up. I’m 190 cm and 84 kg. So the whole overeat theory doesn’t hold with me. I believe it does screw with the urinary tract but just in really large doses. Ive seen all the Propoganda but no scientific study that causes me concern. Do you have a link that may be interesting? I do drink decaffeinated diet when available.

food babe ok yeah she seems hot

good article - learned about how young coconuts are better among other things

I usually get zico - I always check the ingredients

yeah that is hardcore/motivating