Coffee intake?

I don’t drink coffee but I should start. My 6.5 hours of sleep a night is not enough.

I drink about 4 cups of coffee a day at work. My old office had cans of coke for 25 cents. That was bad, I was drinking 3-4 of those + coffee. My new office has crystal light packets so I find myself drinking a lot of water that way.

I always wondered by how to “clean the colons”

Cheers

coffee enemas. However, isn’t your colon supposed to be filthy?

Honey doesn’t do it for me. Never tried agave, but thinking of trying the stevia route.

All the research I’m familiar with actually finds caffeine is good for you and reduces the risk of a lot of things. Of course, huge quantities of it probably has some unknown negative effects. But I don’t drink anything but water and often thought I need to get a clean caffeine source (like tea), so be healthier.

Lots of people in finance are addicted. After a decade I quit, it was pure hell.

Minimum requirement is 1 coffee in the afternoon, but I’ve tried to cap myself at 4 sources of caffiene when things really get tough: 1 coffee in the morning 1 after/with lunch 1 strong soda/tea in the evening 1 energy drink at night

Any more and I fear that my heart will either explode through the night, or stop the next day.

Super Pump Max is cool too, but I’m afraid I’d rip my desk out of the wall and hurl it across the room the something. :confused:

http://gothamist.com/2016/02/19/coffee_alcoholics_liver_yay.php

That’s scary, considering AA meetings are built around a coffee pot.

This thread is old…but 2 cups per day. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. Similar for weekends. Generally will have an espresso or capuccino after dinner if I’m out somewhere. I quit soda a while ago (4 years maybe)…my office has free sodas (coke, canada dry, sprite, etc…)…luckily i have not been tempted…I used to drink a lot of soda. Life improves with no soda. Although, admittedly I do have it with alcohol…rum and coke, seven and 7, etc.

You should try my coffee. Spoon stands exactly straight in the pot after cooking. It’s not American light coffee at all. More than 3 cups without a sugar daily is a lethal dose. Keep you awake for whole night long. You may mix it with Whisky as well.

drink coffee with alcohol

Irish coffee

My coffee intake’s easy: none.

I hate coffee.

I ordered a venti with 5 shots at the starbucks in the hospital … the lady was like we call 4 a quad … what do I call this? I was like I dunno a cinco? dude behind me in scubs (most likely a cardiologist) was like ‘i’d call it a cardiac condition’

lol

I just laughed - I didn’t have a comeback at the time

I just sip on it for like 4 hours though through class and research and stuff so don’t chug it or anything

I have about 4-6 cups a day. I used to do triple shot drinks at Starbucks but looked into the caffeine realized it’s less than or equal to a single coffee so moved over to coffee. Better economics too. I did he math and for awhile I was spending about $5k at Starbucks a year which was rediculous so I stopped going.

I also drink a minimum of 3L of water a day so that helps balance things out. First thing in my routine is to chug a liter, if I had to choose between that and the coffee is chose the water, it makes a bigger difference.

Is this a religious/moral reason? A health reason?

Or it’s just not your thing?

i’ve read conflicting info on hydration, but a couple sources say 2x your body weight in ounces. that’s overkill to me and probably risks flushing nutrients unnecessarily. If true though, all you 6 5, 220 guys need to be drinking about 12 liters per day and BS has the intake of a 50 lb girl.