Coffee vs. Energy Drinks

Green tea and coffee. Energy drinks are evil, I’m pretty sure you shouldn’t drink whatever is in those things.

Morning: Coffee + Cigarette Daytime: whatever…

3-4 cups of black coffee per day during the week (1-2 per day on the weekend). Tried 5 hour energy when I was doing 10 hour study sessions a couple of years ago and it gave me the shakes. I have a friend that drinks 2 pots of coffee per day, not sure how many cups that adds up to, but it’s a lot.

Definitely coffee.

Curry

My tango teacher used to be so hot I would spend nights wondering if I should pick a fight with my GF so that I could go have a fling with her while we weren’t talking.

Only two years later, a combination of cigarettes, booze, and (I suspect) energy drinks have aged her considerably. She’s still pretty, but she’s no longer steamy hot. And she’s still pretty young, so God knows what the next years will bring.

An energy drink now and then is probably ok, but don’t make it a habit. Same with booze, and avoid cigs like the plague.

^did you bash the bishop while thinking about her ?

Hippo, it’s ok to be risqué, but don’t be gross.

#RedBull&Vodka

Sleep works better than either. I cut to just one decaf per day (I need a warm drink in the AM and enjoy coffee) and now my sleep is flawless and I have level steady amounts of energy throughout the day. Very rarely am I ever tired now, sleep is like clockwork. Couldn’t be happier to be without caffeine.

espresso + coconut milk

why would you want to destroy a perfectly good chess piece?

Solid idea, might try this. As you probably know, coconut oil’s got the medium chain triglycerides which are good.

Yeah its good. Very healthy too. I really like Silk Coconut Milk in the carton in the milk section the best. Get the Silk higher calorie ones - the Silk light just isn’t heavy enough for espresso. Also, don’t buy it out of those cans it is pulpy or is a mix of coconut water and pulp which tastes horrible with espresso. They are great for coming off the beach or something on a hot day, but not cool with espresso. Its sweet enough for me, but if you need to add anything I would recommend just a touch of pure maple syrup to make it sweeter. Its better for you than refined or many other sugars and gives it a a bit of pop if you add the right amount.

^ That’s pretty tasty, and healthy. Personally I don’t like the sweetness of coconut milk though.

What I drink is espresso plus grass-fed heavy cream (drinking it right now). This can actually be a whole 500 calorie breakfast if you put enough cream in it to make it a heavy cream latte, it increases HDL, and having fat with caffeine blunts to “jittery” effect.

i quit coffee a year ago and never felt better. up the b12 intake and you will feel golden after the withdrawl.

mine took a few months. also i get the best sleep now

Some great tips here. Is this grass-fed milk/beef thing legit or is it just a marketing thing?

Oxy your anus you filthy animals!!

Yeah I’m sure my former trainer/nutritionist would approve of this. He really brought me into the realization that heavy creams and fats aren’t that bad for you if they are pure. I used to eat this low calorie crap with a bunch of chemicals in it, but the higher calorie pure substances are actually easier to burn off in the gym. Is grass fed cream/beef etc expensive in asia?