Coffee vs. Energy Drinks

In no organized manner, I either consume a coffee or energy drink to get my day going. Lately I’ve been leaning more on coffee. What is your morning brew of choice? Do you stick with 1 remedy or do you rotate for no apparent reason like me?

2-3 cups of coffee or green tea a day. I’m old school and don’t trust that energy drink sh!t.

1-2 cups of coffee a day, I stay away from energy drinks as well

1 coffee to start my day and one at 2pm. Also, a few glasses of water.

5-7 cups of cawfee/day 6-8 glasses of water I pee a lot.

water is key! But, I need to start my day with coffee. If I’m super tired come 3pm…diet Coke it is

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 5-7 cups of cawfee/day > > 6-8 glasses of water > > > I pee a lot. that’s quite a bit of coffee brah, I know one guy that drinks ~ 10/day and I don’t think it has any effect on him anymore.

1/4 cup of coffee, 6 times a day - so effectly it’s around 2 cups of coffee. Energy drinks only duing CFA marathon hours.

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What is your morning brew of choice? begin each day w/ tropicana grovestand oj w/ added calcium ot start each workweek i buy a 32oz bottle of gatorade and refill it with water and one of a variety of crysal light flavors i have in my desk. coffee only once or twice a week if i go for a walk w/ work peeps re-up the gatorade if i go out for drinks after work

1-2 + 1 diet coke

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 5-7 cups of cawfee/day > > 6-8 glasses of water > > > I pee a lot. AM - not to scare you (because this was an extreme case), I used to work with a guy that consumed a considerable amount of coffee, probably 8 to 10 cups per day or one per hour he was at work. He actually had to stop drinking coffee (instructions from his doctor) because of the acidifying effects of too much coffee. Apparently, too much acid in your system can cause a myriad of health problems later down the line. At least that is what he told me and it does make sense. One to two cups per day is supposed to be good for you though because it helps to maintain normal blood pH.

thommo77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 5-7 cups of cawfee/day > > > > 6-8 glasses of water > > > > > > I pee a lot. > > > AM - not to scare you (because this was an extreme > case), I used to work with a guy that consumed a > considerable amount of coffee, probably 8 to 10 > cups per day or one per hour he was at work. He > actually had to stop drinking coffee (instructions > from his doctor) because of the acidifying effects > of too much coffee. Apparently, too much acid in > your system can cause a myriad of health problems > later down the line. At least that is what he > told me and it does make sense. > > One to two cups per day is supposed to be good for > you though because it helps to maintain normal > blood pH. Yeah, I know I drink wayy too much. It was pretty bad in college. I had a 24oz Hawaiian Tropic pimp cup I would fill with coffee 3 times a day. Thank god I like it without sugar or milk otherwise i’d be one fat f x x k

I might have one cup of black coffee a day but I’m addicted to Rockstar Recovery… so damn good and not packed full of bullsh!t. I have at least one a day before the gym but lately I’ve been drinking them in the mornings at work too. I also drink a lot of teas, especially in the afternoon.

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I might have one cup of black coffee a day but I’m > addicted to Rockstar Recovery… so damn good and > not packed full of bullsh!t. I have at least one a > day before the gym but lately I’ve been drinking > them in the mornings at work too. > > I also drink a lot of teas, especially in the > afternoon. +10 on the RR. It’s also not carbonated.

coffee, one cup morning and one after lunch + loads of water. for some reason i cannot consume an energy drink without adding 1 part vodka to it and it feels wrong in the office

1 shot of vodka just when i get up Brush my teeth with the bottle of jack Scotch at lunch and finish the day with some nice glass of dessert wine

4 cups of tea: 9 am 10:30 am 3:00 pm 8:00 pm irregular coffee user. Though I did visit a client at her home a while ago and she offered me a coffe, but she warned me it was a bit strong (it was some Indonesian tribal blend or something). Looked like mud, tasted like shite and within 5 minutes I was practically bouncing off the ceiling from a caffeine overdose. Started shaking and speaking at a thousand miles an hour, had to go and hang out in her bathroom for 10 minutes to try and compose myself. So yeah next time she offers me a coffee I’ll just pass.

Coffee exclusively. Have cut energy drinks back to zero because I don’t like all the sugar content (though I do put a little sugar in my coffee). During the summer, I keep cold coffee in the fridge for my first [iced] coffee of the day. Have just made the transition back to hot coffee, now that it’s cool out. Typically have another one in the afternoon, too. Very occasionally I’ll have a second coffee in the morning. Overall 2-3 ‘incidents’ of coffee per day. Given that my average serving is more like 12 oz and not the 8 that you always see referred to, I’m drinking something like 3-5 ‘cups’ of coffee a day. Not great I’m sure but I seem to be in OK health.

Flavia Green Tea w/ Jasmine. If that’s not available, a cup of black coffee will do.

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- Though I did visit a client > at her home a while ago and she offered me a > coffe, but she warned me it was a bit strong (it > was some Indonesian tribal blend or something). > Looked like mud, tasted like shite and within 5 > minutes I was practically bouncing off the ceiling > from a caffeine overdose. Started shaking and > speaking at a thousand miles an hour, had to go > and hang out in her bathroom for 10 minutes to try > and compose myself. > > So yeah next time she offers me a coffee I’ll just > pass. That’s the old Indonesian Tribal Coffee trick, dude: she wanted you to bang her in a delusional state of euphoria. Maybe adding some ropes and body painting in the mix.