Cognitive Dissonance

What is this again ?

Rudeboi thinks he knows everything – truth is, he doesn’t. Rudeboi will suffer from cognitive dissonance when he figures this out. Rudeboi can avoid this simply by remembering only the times he got it right and forgetting about all the stuff he got wrong. This is hindsight bias.

Cognitive dissonance happens when you admit that you made a choice and it was wrong.

ahh I see …hence this is reated to selective recall …hisdight bias …

i dont remember selective recall… where is it mentioned?

selective recall is only remembering or emphasizing postive performance

rudeboi thanks, is it in this year cirriculum

TooOld4This Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Rudeboi thinks he knows everything – truth is, he > doesn’t. Rudeboi will suffer from cognitive > dissonance when he figures this out. > > Rudeboi can avoid this simply by remembering only > the times he got it right and forgetting about all > the stuff he got wrong. This is hindsight bias. Pretty clever…

in layman’s terms it’s sorta like waking up and facing the facts and recognizing that you are wrong more than you think you are. Some people have a problem with doing this. Clearly, I don’t have this problem:o)

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i dont remember selective recall… where is it > mentioned? fwiw - Schweser Reading 10 does mention a “hindsigt bias” - investor’s tendency to remember only the good investments they made.

bit like remembering your winning horses at the race track but forgetting all the times you had to walk home bare foot…

TooOld4This Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Rudeboi thinks he knows everything – truth is, he > doesn’t. Rudeboi will suffer from cognitive > dissonance when he figures this out. > > Rudeboi can avoid this simply by remembering only > the times he got it right and forgetting about all > the stuff he got wrong. This is hindsight bias. Classic… you nailed this concept perfectly… I couldn’t have written this answer any better!!

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i dont remember selective recall… where is it > mentioned? I think it should be recallability trap?