Combos and perms

formulas for each – 10 seconds hint: order matters for permutations

I use the calculator Combination is the beginning part of bernulli formula :slight_smile:

nice strange mee too!

Yep. Just remember combos needed for bernulli and remember both are on your calc!

mcf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yep. Just remember combos needed for bernulli and > remember both are on your calc! ?? HP12c???

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mcf Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Yep. Just remember combos needed for bernulli > and > > remember both are on your calc! > > > ?? HP12c??? oh yeah, i see the N! now. cool – can someone show me how to do 5 apples picked from 15 objects on the HP12c??? combo or permutation, whatever thanks

nPr = n! / (n-r)! so if you have a way of doing factorial on any calc, you should be able to do this one. nCr = n! / [(n-r)! * r!] again same thing. if you have a way of doing factorial on any calc, you should be able to do this one. CP

3,003 combos 360,360 permutations

mcf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 3,003 combos > 360,360 permutations i got different numbers. we are looking for R objects of of N objects, right so for combo – where order does NOT matter, I did: n!/(n-r)! r! = 15!/[ (10!)(5!) = 1.3 blah blah blah / 435,456,000 = 3,003 combos