commodities broker skill-set?

My job in insurance is going very well, and in the next year or so, i’m probably going to want to move to something better, and am thinking about starting work as a commodities broker. Besides the liscences and salesmanship, what skill-set would be desirable? Specifically, would I need to know financial planning for this? Also, if anybody could give me the major pros and cons of the job, that would be great. Thanks, AF

A lot of your skills will be transferrable: sales and networking. you will need to gain more expertise if you have not already done so in the commodity you would like to broker. good luck!

dallas470 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My job in insurance is going very well, and in the > next year or so, i’m probably going to want to > move to something better, and am thinking about > starting work as a commodities broker. > > Besides the liscences and salesmanship, what > skill-set would be desirable? Specifically, would > I need to know financial planning for this? > > > Also, if anybody could give me the major pros and > cons of the job, that would be great. > > Thanks, AF a broker has nothing to do with planning. i think you should learn what the job is first

be able to send out various funny emails. also know where to get a good steak. have a series of crazy stories.e