Commute times

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wonder how long it will take before we find an > efficient way to have everyone work from home > without affecting productivity. Technology better > than videoconferencing and the such. I think about this all the time. It also relates to business traveling in general. So many people fly somewhere for a one hour meeting, then fly home the same day. There is something to be said for face-to-face meetings, but that just seems like a ridiculous waste of resources.

30 minutes in general 20 no traffic 40 traffic

Feeling a bit better about my 50 min commute with all the hour+ folks on here. I actually don’t mind the morning drive, but would like to get home to my daughter a lot earlier at night.

3 1/2 hours one way 4 days a week

12 min walk door to door. Might be longer soon though which sucks.

15 mins to 90 mins, depending on traffic… that’s Bombay.

10 minutes tops. Also, kids’ preschool is maybe 5 minutes away, but it feels like a solid 2-hour nightmare. Good wifey takes care of them almost every day.

45 minutes each way. Morning used to be closer to 30, but now I’m dropping my son off at a school which is slightly out of the way.

dmiller385 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 3 1/2 hours one way 4 days a week What? Is this a joke?

7 min walk (1.5 blocks) but 10x longer when I do the reverse commute from the city. The gf wants me to do the reverse commute full-time, which sucks for not only the wasted time but also the nearly $4k train/subway expense.

55 mins to 60 mins…don’t mind the drive actually (no traffic), although I would prefer to be closer. I listen to a really funny morning show on the radio that makes me laugh so I don’t mind the morning drive.

18 minutesm, little traffic and free parking…