Commute

The $500/mn is random city parking, its not even reserved. At the class A office towers, underground reserved is in the range of $750/mn. Its insane. I bike most days so I only pay daily when I need to drive in. But I still shell out a couple hundred per month.

that’s pretty terrible. my parking is $70/mth and i’m upset about it. only a guy with a mortgage that is 5% of his gross can afford $6,000 parking.

Salaries here more than reflect cost of living. If I worked in Toronto, I’d easily make $30k less. Or maybe zero. That said, it is crazy expensive. Parking is artificially limited in my town. City won’t allow more spots unless there is road capacity to support them. Since we have a hippie government that prefers bike lanes to roads, we don’t have any new spots despite 15% population growth over 10 years. Alas, prices skyrocket.

How is it even possible for a hippie to get elected in Calgary? I’m guessing it’s like most places, where the 'burbs are conservative and the city is liberal.

All this to save $200/month. Not sure I would hire someone who woefully misvalues scarce resouces, like time, like this.

Commuting is the only time that i have to myself. Other time is busy with Family. I would never commute by car, unless it is <15min