comp_sci_kid - Question about NYU

I’m also interested in attending NYU Part-Time. I was hoping maybe you could give me an opinion of how hard/competitive you think it is to get accepted to the Langone program? Here are just a few quick facts about me: CFP, Currently an L3 CFA Candidate (hope to complete before I apply), Investment manager at Wells Fargo (2yrs), previously worked for Vanguard (3yrs), 3.42 undergrad GPA, haven’t taken the GMAT yet, but I’d say I am capable of a mid/high 6. Thoughts? Thanks

DDSU82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m also interested in attending NYU Part-Time. I > was hoping maybe you could give me an opinion of > how hard/competitive you think it is to get > accepted to the Langone program? Here are just a > few quick facts about me: > > CFP, Currently an L3 CFA Candidate (hope to > complete before I apply), Investment manager at > Wells Fargo (2yrs), previously worked for Vanguard > (3yrs), 3.42 undergrad GPA, haven’t taken the GMAT > yet, but I’d say I am capable of a mid/high 6. > > Thoughts? > > Thanks Get good rec/resumes/essays and you are in. It is not as competitive as it portrays to be :slight_smile:

^ Really? I might have a shot?!?!?!

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ > Really? > > I might have a shot!!! do i know you?

In general, part-time programs are not as competitive as their full-time counterparts. Your competitions tend to be more local and older. Obviously you won’t just walk in, but as long as your stats are in the ballpark and you can write decent essays, you should be fine. But I heard things that make me not want to go to NYU. It is notorious when it comes to treating its part-time students. Just Google it.

Thanks comp_sci_kid. I appreciate it. Best of luck! Let me know what you think of the program once you get started.

$tarving banker, read the same things, but note they are from 2008 or older…I spoke to a few students who’ve completed the program and both have good things to say about the program. It is what you make of it in my opinion. If you want to network, then if you’re in the program who’s stopping you - you are interacting with these people and build relationships. If you just go to class and expect a bunch of career opportunities to fall on your lap because of your degree, you’re mistaken. PT students should understand that they need to work a little harder to build more opportunities for themselves. FT should also, though it comes a bit easier for them since they are in the grind of going to events, interviews, etc.