Comprehensive TI BAII PRO Calculator Tips Thread

People have been asking for this, so lets do it… If you have this calculator you should know that the following operations are far easier to do with the calculator than by the suggested method. If your having a hard time memorizing the different depr methods and have TI BAII PLUS. All the depr methods are built into the calculator. CHech it out hit 2nd DEPR (4). There yoiu can pick your depr method. Read the manual to learn how to do each method… double decline, SYD, SL (if you need help with SL god help you). Your TI BAII plus will also do breakeven and nom vs EFF. Enjoy We should have topics like this for other functions. like a “Bond calculations giving you a hard time?” because Bond pricing is soooo much easier with the bond feature then TVM. For example… i dont really know the continuous compounding equation all i know is that theres an e^ in it… but i dont want to risk it… so i just set compounding on the calculator to 999999999999999 and my answer is exactly the same. (thanks to the original posters of the above tips) Please feel free to add any info you see fit!

Nice… Good call on the DEPR mode. I do the same for the continuous compounding.

I find that bonds take longer with the worksheet than with TVM, especially when you’re trying to calculate stuff like duration. I think the problem for me is having to specify exact dates instead of # of periods. There was a thread here back in May that had a lot of different tips for the calculator. Useful things: Depreciation worksheet Leases Dividend discount model through NPV

Gordon Gekko CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > People have been asking for this, so lets do > it… > > If you have this calculator you should know that > the following operations are far easier to do with > the calculator than by the suggested method. > > If your having a hard time memorizing the > different depr methods and have TI BAII PLUS. All > the depr methods are built into the calculator. > CHech it out hit 2nd DEPR (4). There yoiu can pick > your depr method. Read the manual to learn how to > do each method… double decline, SYD, SL (if you > need help with SL god help you). Your TI BAII plus > will also do breakeven and nom vs EFF. Enjoy > > We should have topics like this for other > functions. like a “Bond calculations giving you a > hard time?” because Bond pricing is soooo much > easier with the bond feature then TVM. > > For example… i dont really know the continuous > compounding equation all i know is that theres an > e^ in it… but i dont want to risk it… so i > just set compounding on the calculator to > 999999999999999 and my answer is exactly the > same. > > (thanks to the original posters of the above > tips) > > Please feel free to add any info you see fit! I thought i was having deja vu when i read this… then the note in the bottom reminded me i wrote it. A good key button is the amort one. It helps tell you how much of each payment is principal and how much is interest. Sure this is easily done on the first payment, but when youre in a hurry, calculating how much is interest on the 5th year could be key, specially if youre trying to value real estate using the after tax cash flows. Just do the loan using the TVM method, then use 2nd and amort to help you find interest payments per year and what not. Think about it… emra32

Hi supersharpshooter , Would you show an example for div discount model and leases calculation? Thank you very much. I find it really helpful calculating both population and sample variance, std. deviation and even correlation through 2nd & DATA and 2nd & STAT function. It really saves a lot of time. If you don’t know already, u gotta learn this.