CONFIRM: AFS udner IFRS

Schweser Secret Sauce says that AFS under IFRS is just like GAAP (unrealized g/l into B/S) except from foreign operaitons, in which case it goes into the I/S. Has anyone seen this anywhere else? My impression was that under IFRS you had a choice to put AFS unrealized g/l wherever you wanted no matter what they were.

What is AFS?

Schweser is corect.

so for all other AFS unrealzied g/l do you have to put them in the other compehenive income in the B/S (under ifrs)

right

only foreign stuff in I/S. Everythiing else (unrealized G/S) into OCI.

sweet thx

Is it safe to say that fair value hedges are treated exactly like held-for-trading securities (unrealized and realized gains/losses on income statement) and cash flow hedges are treated exactly like available-for-sale securities (unrealized gains/losses to other comprehensive equity, realized gains/losses to income statement)?

exactly how i have it memorized rel and net foreign exchange hedges are just like AFS/cash flow hedges except that it gets netted with the translation g/l in the OCI

For AFS, the secret sauce tablel says that under IFRS, unrealized G/L also flow to I/S

rellison Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is it safe to say that fair value hedges are > treated exactly like held-for-trading securities > (unrealized and realized gains/losses on income > statement) and cash flow hedges are treated > exactly like available-for-sale securities > (unrealized gains/losses to other comprehensive > equity, realized gains/losses to income > statement)? That’s the way I understand it.