Confirmed Level 3 AM CBT Formatting - Split Screen

Just wanted to share:

*Update:
Thank you for contacting us. We apologize for the delay in our response, as we are currently experiencing a much higher than normal volume of inquiries. While you are facing the computer screen during your Level III exam, the vignettes will be on the right side of your screen and questions on the left side of your screen. This will allow you to review the vignette while answering the related questions without interruption.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Billy | Global Contact Center | CFA Institute

Sent : 3/23/2021

Description: Hello, just to clarify the orientation. From my perspective facing the screen will the questions be displayed on my left hand side and the vignettes on my right hand side? Thanks

Sent : 3/14/2021

Description: Hello, I am scheduled to write the Level 3 CBT May 2021 exam. Can you please confirm how the AM questions will be laid out in the prometric interface? Will we have a split screen where the case is separate from the answer box and we can view parts of the case simultaneously while answering questions? Or is it basically like a fillable PDF where we have to scroll back and forth between the case study and answer boxes? This will really help candidates prepare for how to practice answering questions and is purely format. Thanks

Response:
Thank you for your patience. To address your query, the vignettes will be on the right side of the screen and questions on the left. This will allow you to review the vignette while answering the related questions without interruption.

I hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

| Global Customer Care | CFA Institute

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this!
I still find absurd how they didn’t share any information regarding the interface.
It is one of the most important change for the exam (not including a global pandemic that cancelled twice the exam for most of us), and they barely told us that they completely change the methodology of the exam with no further information.
Not a nice move in my opinion.

1 Like

indubitably!

Thanks for sharing. So basically like GMAT exam

Kind of a nit picky question but from the perspective of facing the screen which side were the questions on and which side were the cases on for the GMAT? Left side being the side of your left hand… It was pointed out to me that the responder didn’t define the perspective… Not really that big of a deal but nice to orient the screens for practice.

If I’m not mistaken MM’s online mocks have the questions/answer boxes on the “right hand” side of the screen and cases on the “left hand”

During the prep provider’s briefing in February, they mentioned vignette on the left and questions on the right. Maybe they changed their mind after that. :open_mouth:

That feels more natural to me… and I guess would feel more natural to right handed people? that’s how we would normally place the paper to write. I’m betting this is actually correct and the person who responded to me was orienting the screen as a mirror… meaning our left is the screen’s right… That’s why I think if the GMAT was the way we think it should be I’m guessing that’s a default on the Prometric layout. Just a hunch though… regardless I’m just happy we have a split screen regardless of the orientation. Left Right, Right Left whatever just let me write the exam!

Thank you for contacting us. We apologize for the delay in our response, as we are currently experiencing a much higher than normal volume of inquiries. While you are facing the computer screen during your Level III exam, the vignettes will be on the right side of your screen and questions on the left side of your screen. This will allow you to review the vignette while answering the related questions without interruption.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Billy | Global Contact Center | CFA Institute

Sent : 3/23/2021

Description: Hello, just to clarify the orientation. From my perspective facing the screen will the questions be displayed on my left hand side and the vignettes on my right hand side? Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for keeping us informed, @PoisonPut !!