Confused and puzzled

1. Firstly, I am absolutely lost in the world of formulas. There are so many that it takes a whole day to even count them. 2. Secondly, I am scoring 70% (slightly more) in Practice Exams and Sample Exams. But it seems like there are a LOT of concepts I suck at. Maybe I am just getting lucky thanks to 3 answer choices. Morale going downhill. Any advice guys?

I carry my notes around with me and have written summaries of the formulas that I keep looking at whenever I have a minute…but to be honest, I don’t actually think that there is any way to remember them all. There are bound to be some that you forget. I, for example, can never remember Economic profit, EVA, MVA, economic income…

kh.asif Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 1. Firstly, I am absolutely lost in the world of > formulas. There are so many that it takes a whole > day to even count them. > 2. Secondly, I am scoring 70% (slightly more) in > Practice Exams and Sample Exams. But it seems like > there are a LOT of concepts I suck at. Maybe I am > just getting lucky thanks to 3 answer choices. > > Morale going downhill. Any advice guys? If it can be of any comfort: CFAI exam questions are much less based on calculations and are more on concepts. Or at least this is the impression i have. Also, my impression is, formulas that are difficult to memorize would not be tested directly. kh.asif, i think you are doing great with your scoring and with almost 4 weeks still left for further reviews. Keep up the morale and motivation !!

Thanks for the replies. Want to do the following for the next 24 days 1. I am making a comprehensive formula sheet. Schweser doesn’t have all of them. 2. Give CFAI mock 3. Review tough EOC, Practice Exam, Sample exam/mock questions 4. Revising by breaking the syllabus into two parts. a. Quantitative stuff- Formulas, methodologies etc b. Qualitative stuff-corporate governance, ethics etc

Just a note for the calculations- try to look at what the formula is actually measuring. i.e. I forgot what the H model was, but after looking at it for a while I clued in to the fact that it is just the regular one stage DDM calculated at the lower (sustainable growth rate), plus an adjustment to add the higher growth from the first few years.

I agree rus1bus…the CFA is not testing whether you can punch numbers into a formula to spit out an answer…that is what computers are for. The CFA wants you to know the relationships. If x goes up by 1 what does that do to y etc.