Confused over work experience. please help

Hi everyone, I am planning on taking a year off from working life and travelling and as a result will be leaving my current job as a full time employee. I have completed Level 3 of the CFA exams. I have over 3 years of relevant work experience. My question is, what do I need to do now, if anything? As I do not have 4 years of work experience I obviously cannot be awarded the charter, but do/can I register my current work experience at this point in time, or do I just wait until I have what I believe to be 4 years of work experience before registering it??? How does the work experience checking process work? do CFAI contact my employer, and do i need to get anything written/signed by my current employer? thanks for your help Andy

Do your own research. It is not even that hard…Gee…How did you pass the exams with such an IQ?

thanks for you fucking help…useless prick

i have actually looked around the site too, but couldnt find the exact information… if u couldnt be arsed to explain…why bother even replying…thanks for nothing…gees happy forum this

Level3Syd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi everyone, > I am planning on taking a year off from working > life and travelling and as a result will be > leaving my current job as a full time employee. > I have completed Level 3 of the CFA exams. > I have over 3 years of relevant work experience. > > My question is, what do I need to do now, if > anything? As I do not have 4 years of work > experience I obviously cannot be awarded the > charter, but do/can I register my current work > experience at this point in time, or do I just > wait until I have what I believe to be 4 years of > work experience before registering it??? > > How does the work experience checking process > work? do CFAI contact my employer, and do i need > to get anything written/signed by my current > employer? > > thanks for your help > Andy If you started the program before a certain year, 3 years of experience will be enough. I can’t remember what that year is though.

I’m in the process of getting my sponsors to do their thing (I have 3 yrs experience / L3 candidate). I assume that CFAI will check with my sponsors to vouch for my current position. I’m not sure how they will go about checking w/ previous employers… Anyone?

It depends on whether you want to apply for membership now or not. As you have not got full 48 months working experience, it’s better to defer your membership fee expense until you have full 48 months for submission. You can enter your details on the CFA website and keep updating. They will review your work experience once you have put in every detail including your sponsorship form.