Congrats to those who passed. I failed- Any tips please?

Hi…I failed in 2015 with band 6…Though you would be the best person to find out what study pattern or style suits you but I would just recommend one thing to do for sure before you sit for the exam i.e write attest 2-3 full 3 hour AM paper because you might know the subject on the exam but you will spend a lot of time on how or what to put as a correct answer on the day and then realize you are way behind to attempt all the questions and will miss out on a really simple ones if you are stuck on a complicated question which CFAI puts in the right spot each year…

only kaplan material , all the content need to know in exam is included.

^lol

Might be overkill but I went far in to 2009 and 2010 CFAI past AM.

You need to understand the way questions are required to be answered. Did pretty decently on my morning section, and I think its thanks to the several morning practise I did. Do the past AM more than once.

The afternoon is typically a walk through, but don’t overlook it either. I did the online topic questions twices, some three times.

Summary, practise, practise and practise.

A lot of people talk about the 10/11/12 unique mocks they did.

What I found more effective was doing 6 mocks TWICE. Repetition is a powerful tool that I think people take for granted. If you take a mock, then do 5 other mocks then come back to the first mock, its a good way of knowing whether you REALLY understood how paper #1 was graded. Also, during the test, I never asked myself in the AM “what do I think the write answer to this question is”. I focused more on what I thought would be on the graders answer key and how it would be phrased in the answer key to make the graders job easier. Trust me, graders only look for key words and short phrases - reading a whole paragraph is a waste of their own time. So point is identify and learn the key words and phrases they look out for.

I suggest doing ONLY the CFAI mocks. Schweser is nothing more than a third party interpretation of the CFA material. I just dont understand why anybody would want to learn a third party’s testing strategy, when they can learn the test makers testing strategy.