Congress: Repeal LIFO add 4% surtax on "rich"

Probably won’t get passed but ridiculous none the less… http://www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/NewsStory.aspx?cpath=20071024\ACQDJON200710242253DOWJONESDJONLINE001107.htm&

I’ll miss “lifo liquidation” – one of the most euphonic phrases in accounting.

I’d like to know who would lobby for this. Seems like a bit of a random addition. Would the CPA’s of the world like this? I Just don’t get it

LIFO was a tax break cooked up by big business when inflation was running wild in the early 1980s. I don’t think any other country on the planet uses it. It’s high time they killed that albatross.

Sure was funny hearing Rep. Rangel on Kudlow last night talking about it. Talk about 2 different viewpoints!

Yea, this sounds 90% political. And thus, I always defer to free mkt cap :slight_smile:

DarienHacker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LIFO was a tax break cooked up by big business > when inflation was running wild in the early > 1980s. I don’t think any other country on the > planet uses it. It’s high time they killed that > albatross. Quite, so why is the CFAI so keen on asking questions about it? I swear level 1 in 2006 had about 20 questions on the subject.