Congresswoman shot dead

This whole thing makes me sick. Practically every left-wing site jumped to the conclusion that it was the tea baggers/right/Sarah Palin’s fault. And still, they are trying to figure out how to pin this on whole thing on them. Even my gf (who tends to be a lot more left than me) was begging for this guy to have a connection to Sarah Palin. I’m no fan of Sarah Palin, but the response was so uncalled for. The use of the target map and “reloading” comments as evidence is just despicable and completely ignores the numerous hateful sites/comments/etc… against the right. Not supporting Palin’s site or poor use of words, just tired of the blatant hypocrisy of both sides. See Obama’s recent words: Obama: “They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun” Obama: “Get in Their Faces!” Obama: “Hit Back Twice As Hard” Obama: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose @ss to kick.“ Obama: “Punish your enemies.” Politics is such a joke.

Why bring Obama into the picture with those quotes? Aren’t you doing the same mudslinging as well? FYI on the topic of Obama, take a look at this article and tell me if there is not something seriously whack with many people in the country. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/5967942/Barack-Obama-faces-30-death-threats-a-day-stretching-US-Secret-Service.html

A good point from the Economist: “…the debate about whether partisan rancour had anything to do with the shooting is itself becoming rancourous. Left-wing bloggers talk of the atrocity as a wish come true for the tea-party; right-wing bloggers retort that the left is exploiting the death and injury of innocents for political gain.”

IMHO the anonymity of the internet is fuelling a lot of hatred. Sitting behind the comfort of your keyboard, you can spew as much hate as you want without consequences. Most would never dare say the same in somone’s presence. The huge number of trolls that hound blog sites and message boards and get their kicks by riling others up is another problem. Things seem to be getting worse because with blogs, twitter, facebook, youtube, message boards etc. such hate filled rhetoric is everywhere on the internet. There is no solution to this other than excercising civility and rational discourse in tv, radio and cyberspace.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > IMHO the anonymity of the internet is fuelling a > lot of hatred. Sitting behind the comfort of your > keyboard, you can spew as much hate as you want > without consequences. Most would never dare say > the same in somone’s presence. The huge number of > trolls that hound blog sites and message boards > and get their kicks by riling others up is another > problem. > > Things seem to be getting worse because with > blogs, twitter, facebook, youtube, message boards > etc. such hate filled rhetoric is everywhere on > the internet. There is no solution to this other > than excercising civility and rational discourse > in tv, radio and cyberspace. Maybe you could start with yourself? It is very obvious that you aren’t actually interested in intellectually honest discussion but instead prefer your comforting stereotypes of Republicans = bad; Democrats = Good. Wash, Rinse, Repeat. It is very superficial and certainly does not help the general discourse around here.

I do find it curious how there is no talk of gun control in the national media, as usually follows an event like this. The left and right are so partisan that they are too busy pointing fingers already. Within minutes, everybody starts pointing fingers out of political polarization and hate for the other side. What a bunch of muppets.

wtf the title made me think that a congresswoman was killed nice title, genius

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why bring Obama into the picture with those > quotes? Aren’t you doing the same mudslinging as > well? > > FYI on the topic of Obama, take a look at this > article and tell me if there is not something > seriously whack with many people in the country. > > http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northame > rica/usa/barackobama/5967942/Barack-Obama-faces-30 > -death-threats-a-day-stretching-US-Secret-Service. > html No I’m not doing the same mudslinging. Did you not read my last sentence regarding hypocrisy? I was simply pointing out that BOTH sides are guilty of the same hate spewing rhetoric.

Free yourself, don’t choose a side. Why do people feel such a need to label themselves?

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Free yourself, don’t choose a side. Why do people > feel such a need to label themselves? Yep, both parties are pretty blunt about the fact that they are gonna screw us over.

Analti_Calte_Equity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wtf > > the title made me think that a congresswoman was > killed > > nice title, genius Thats was an error…initial media reports said the Congresswoman had died. A bullet to the head is fatal 90 percent of the times. The congresswoman got as Forrest Gump said…a million dollar wound. Anyways she is still not out of the woods yet. I can’t go back and change the title.

Someone got shot in the united states? Shocking. Also, what is a “teabagger”? thanks.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Someone got shot in the united states? > > Shocking. > > Also, what is a “teabagger”? > > thanks. this is when you put ur nuts on someones forehead

“Merde!”, says purealpha and exits the AF discussion by smashing corporate laptop on the ground

Oh yeah I knew that kind of teabag, I mean geez who doesn’t know that. I just didn’t know what teabagging had to do with people getting shot. Ah the mysteries of AF…

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Someone got shot in the united states? > > Shocking. > > Also, what is a “teabagger”? > > thanks. It’s what Mobius Striptease’s mother calls me. :slight_smile:

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Oh yeah I knew that kind of teabag, I mean geez > who doesn’t know that. I just didn’t know what > teabagging had to do with people getting shot. Ah > the mysteries of AF… It does kind of sound like this is a serious question, so I’ll take the bait. Teabagger is the term used to describe tea party members. The left wants to blame the shooting on the tea party.

Of course it is serious, I just don’t watch TV or read so you know. Thanks for the info. Is the tea party a serious new party, like the democrats and the republicans and the teabaggers? That sounds kinda dumb. Okay Wiki time…hmmm “It endorses reduced government spending,[9][10] lower taxes,[10] reduction of the national debt and federal budget deficit,[9] and adherence to an originalist interpretation of the United States Constitution.[11]” Having now educated myself as to what the hell this thread is even about I now have two things to say: 1) sounds cool, if I was a joiner I would probably join the teabaggers 2) people blaming other people for why things suck isn’t the solution it is the problem. americans needs to stop arguing all the time and chill out, take more vacation days, and stop having greed as your central value. You also have to start dismantling corporations which are at the heart of all the problems in this joint, they just got too big, and people gave them all their power, and how nobody is in control. Which means everyone is under corporate control, which is meaningless because nobody controls a corp. No, I haven’t been drinking. 3) (additional bonus pt) basically the teabaggers are missing the point since it sounds like they are targeting govt when the real issue is the *out of control corporation* so I retract my part about becoming a teabagger party member (but reserve the right to “tea bag” anybody anytime). The govt is just a slave to the corporation, get to the center of the problem dorks. Okay enough about freakin’ teabaggers, i’m outta here.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Analti_Calte_Equity Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > wtf > > > > the title made me think that a congresswoman > was > > killed > > > > nice title, genius > > > Thats was an error…initial media reports said > the Congresswoman had died. A bullet to the head > is fatal 90 percent of the times. The > congresswoman got as Forrest Gump said…a million > dollar wound. Anyways she is still not out of the > woods yet. > > I can’t go back and change the title. ok marcus thank you

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sitting behind the comfort of your > keyboard, you can spew as much hate as you want > without consequences. Most would never dare say > the same in somone’s presence. The huge number of > trolls that hound blog sites and message boards > and get their kicks by riling others up is another > problem. > > Things seem to be getting worse because with > blogs, twitter, facebook, youtube, message boards > etc. such hate filled rhetoric is everywhere on > the internet. There is no solution to this other > than excercising civility and rational discourse > in tv, radio and cyberspace. I got to say. It sounds like you’re describing yourself.