Consolidation - Min Int

Right so this is recognised in equity now- but it’s a liablilty so why is this is S/H equity?


Why do you say its a liability? Let’s say you own 10% of a company, and the other 90% is owned by a larger company. Is your minority interest a liability of the consolidated parent? Basically, the consolidated financilas have assets on the balance sheet, including those that you funded in the sub with an equity interest.