Construct/Prepare Return Objective

After taking a few different morning sessions and EOC questions, I have run into a few times where it says Construct or Prepare the return objective… other times it will say calculate the required return… My question is, if it says construct/prepare, do we assume that means qualitative answers, and only show calcs when it says calculate a return? Some of the questions even seem like they have enough data to calc a required return, but the answer still only shows qualitative responses… just don’t want to screw something simple like this up on the exam…

boston21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > After taking a few different morning sessions and > EOC questions, I have run into a few times where > it says Construct or Prepare the return > objective… other times it will say calculate > the required return… > > My question is, if it says construct/prepare, do > we assume that means qualitative answers, and only > show calcs when it says calculate a return? Some > of the questions even seem like they have enough > data to calc a required return, but the answer > still only shows qualitative responses… > > just don’t want to screw something simple like > this up on the exam… I think a simple enough rule to follow would be to calculate the return if given enough info; otherwise, a qualitative answer would be fine. They’re never going to penalize you for calculating a return, but they could for not calculating if they wanted it.