Consulting in NYC

Anyone do consulting (***Not Tax/Auditing/Public Accounting!***) at a place like Deloitte / Accenture / etc in NYC? How do you like it? How much traveling is required at the analyst level? Are you sleeping in hotels for 3 nights every week?..

NYCAnalyst86 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone do consulting (***Not Tax/Auditing/Public > Accounting!***) at a place like Deloitte / > Accenture / etc in NYC? > > How do you like it? How much traveling is required > at the analyst level? Are you sleeping in hotels > for 3 nights every week?.. Not a hotel for 3 nights a week but corporate housing for 4 nights.

Bumping to get experience of those who work at a Accenture or Deloitte like consulting big 4… What are your typical hours, etc.? Has it helped you in your career?

final bump

I work in consulting, but not in NYC. Where I’m at, we’re only really busy for 3 or 4 weeks out of every quarter. That is typically 1 to 2 months after each quarter end when all of the client meetings are scheduled. During that time, our consultants do travel quite a bit. During the non-peak time, there is very little traveling involved.

I work with consultants (mgmt consulting) every now and then. Typically, M-Th they are onsite and Friday at their home-office. Traveling (or not have a fixed work location) comes with the territory.

Aside from the travel, curious about the hours and career path.

Depends, but is kind of feast or famine. If you are on the bench, kick your feet up and have a mai tai. If you are on a project you will become accustomed to Westin beds and want to upgrade your matress.

Oh, and career path is pretty broad assuming you want to go into business/technology/engineering or some combo.