Contemplating an MBA in Finance to complement the CFA charter

Well i say “helpful” in a very loose way.

there are social and networking aspects of MBA that one can’t dismiss.

but ya, i wouldn’t go for an MBA for purely education purpose.

For me, getting an MBA would be to get into an asset/wealth mgmt firm - ultimately to go into investment mgmt position. I have the CFA charter, but lack real world experience in this area of finance. I’m confident that the charter will help my career progression over the long haul, but to break into the field in the next couple of years, I feel that an MBA will be necessary. The industry is insanely competitive. MBA and CFA combo have historically been more successful financially - the social and networking opportunities are also invaluable. Most decent jobs require an MBA these days - top 2 or not.

Harvard and Stanford is definitely not an option - the costs are ridiculous and frankly I don’t have the background to qualify.

In all seriousness, you need to make sure that your MBA is worth your time and money. If you already have a decent BBA and the CFA Charter, then going to Podunk State’s part-time program will probably be worth nothing to you.

You say “MBA+CFA = greatness”. That may be true, but not all MBA’s are equal. “Harvard MBA + CFA” is not equal to “Phoenix MBA + CFA”. Be sure you’re not trying to compare apples and oranges.

Greenman, does UT-San Antonio, which I believe is slightly better than UT at Brownsville, have a satellite location in Hackensack, NJ?

^I didn’t know UT-Brownsville was #3!

Welcome to The University of Texas at San Antonio 4.5 stars 73 Google reviews

Harvard Universitywww.harvard.edu 4.5 stars 227 Google reviews

If I never heard of either I would probably choose UT, less reviews possibly smaller class sizes.

Interesting. There’s now a tie for #1 and a three way tie for #2.

#1 = Harvard and UTSA

#2 = Chicago, Wharton, Stanford