continue or move

Question for those who have completed fixed income, I have the last ss of fixed income(mortgages etc) remaining. I have 4 full days to study as I am on leave. can put in the hours. should I finish the last ss or move to derivatives to try and finish off a good chunk?

what are you talking about? the test is in over 50 days… you don’t have a single minute to study while you work?

Well, while I dont think the last study session of FI is anything insane and it sure is something you can understand. There is some lower hanging fruit. For me derivatives are easier than that last session of FI, I also see them more likely to be tested. I really think you should cover everything, but if you are on short time… Here are the topics that I thing give you a good return on your time. Equity, Derivatives, Ethics… Offcourse that will vary from person to person, some people find derivatives very hard. So if you are short on time, alocate your time wisely by considering what is likely to be tested, and how likely are you gona be able to understand it.

Why would you recommend one should study Derivs. when FRA has a greater guaranteed topic weight? If you are crunched for time def. hit Equity, Ethics, and FRA hard.

Verse I am on leave for 4 days only .not 50. I am done with equity .choice is between derivatives and last ss of fixed income.

confused2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Verse > I am on leave for 4 days only .not 50. > > I am done with equity .choice is between > derivatives and last ss of fixed income. Are you in the military? Sorry - it sounded like you just have a full time job and were only able to study during your vacation time…

My progress so far… Done with equity,.75 fra .50 Eco all but last ss of fixed income…rest all to be done. 3 hours a day weekdays and 8 hours sat and sun minimum from now on .will be a close finish but that’s how it is.

Lol I am not in the military. I do have a full time job with alt saturdays off. Married with wife and a 16 month old daughter. Hence time is a constraint.

Read all the material. You’ll find more conceptual carryover if you read through FI front to back, which might help with retention. Derivatives is a special kind of hell.