Contract Positions

I graduated college a couple of months ago, how bad will it look if I have a contract position on my resume? Does anyone want to share their experiences?

More details, please. What did you do in your position? I suppose having a contract job is usually better than not having a job at all.

depends on the job. a few of my friends are contracted for a 2 year investment banking gig. u can always use the job to leverage for a full time position at another firm OR get u thru till u go back to grad school.

If you’re fairly young, contract work (esp. in this market) won’t hurt you that much. What’s more important is the kind of contract work. Just out of college, what’s most important is the experience and skills that you build from that. There’s no reason to be ashamed of having to do contract work. It’s less comfortable, perhaps, because you’re always worried about what happens when the contract ends; but even full time employees can be pretty much dismissed at any time.

I agree that age will matter. It seems you are relatively young so I think if the experience is decent it shouldnt be an issue. The older you get the more difficult it can be to switch from contract to perm positions…